Differential Bushing Question

Is there anything in the regulations that keep me from buying an aftermarket Differential bushing made of different material than the factory rubber?

Just checking before I buy.

Thanks for any input.

Jason

jls8177 wrote:

[quote]Is there anything in the regulations that keep me from buying an aftermarket Differential bushing made of different material than the factory rubber?

Just checking before I buy.

Thanks for any input.

Jason[/quote]

I think most people upgrade to delrin or urethane which is what we did (urethane). My understanding of the rules is that aluminum, AKA solid, is not allowed.

Course I’m not a rules maker. ; )

Delrin/Nylon in certain grades is just as hard as aluminum.

This is a suspension mount of sorts so you can use whatever you want. I’m using a hard urethane.

Is anyone using aluminum? Fixed or adjustable?
Bob

Adjustable/non centered would be protestable I think. This allows you to raise the rear subframe and improve the geometry. It’d be akin to using aftermarket balljoints that raise the front rollcenter. We aren’t allowed to move suspension mounting points, although eccentric bushings are allowed in some positions, the intent is to allow more castor in the front and adjustable rear alignment. It does not permit the use of offset or eccentric bushings in other places.

If you allowed that to be off center I would remachine some aluminum subframe bushings that raise the rear subframe and diff about 10mm.

Rob,

My OEM bushing for the differential IS eccentric. The hole is below center. The AKG Motorsport bushing I purchased is centered, which will effectively bring the car and the differential closer to one another.
Sasha