Decals

They’re already packed!!

scottmc wrote:

Travis, I’ll have the decals. I’ll be there late morning Fri. Not certain that I’ll have my car, but I’ll have the decals.

Boys, I’m having some car issues so my participation in the sprints is only a maybe.

We have to have inverted SE30 for the windshield? I’m just putting my damn letters upside down.

Ranger wrote:

[quote]scottmc wrote:

Travis, I’ll have the decals. I’ll be there late morning Fri. Not certain that I’ll have my car, but I’ll have the decals.

Boys, I’m having some car issues so my participation in the sprints is only a maybe.

We have to have inverted SE30 for the windshield? I’m just putting my damn letters upside down.[/quote]

Just put it on the inside

Maybe I’m just stupid, buy why are we doing that anyway? Do you think the guy in front of us, looking in his mirror, cares if we are driving in the SpecE30 class, not to mention they probably know what an E30 looks like in their rearview mirror without spelling it out. I’m with Patton. Visibility should be paramount, and all this stuff on the windshield blocks it.

DB

drumbeater wrote:

[quote]Maybe I’m just stupid, buy why are we doing that anyway? Do you think the guy in front of us, looking in his mirror, cares if we are driving in the SpecE30 class, not to mention they probably know what an E30 looks like in their rearview mirror without spelling it out. I’m with Patton. Visibility should be paramount, and all this stuff on the windshield blocks it.

DB[/quote]

Not really worth arguing. Put it on the car, and hopefully the rule will get reversed in the future. What if your last name was 12-15 letters it would take up that space anyway.

With Spec E30 pretty much dominating the lightning class, if you were in a tight race for the lead, you might be glad the traffic up ahead could identify you and get out of the way.

87isMan wrote:

[quote]drumbeater wrote:

[quote]Maybe I’m just stupid, buy why are we doing that anyway? Do you think the guy in front of us, looking in his mirror, cares if we are driving in the SpecE30 class, not to mention they probably know what an E30 looks like in their rearview mirror without spelling it out. I’m with Patton. Visibility should be paramount, and all this stuff on the windshield blocks it.

DB[/quote]

Not really worth arguing. Put it on the car, and hopefully the rule will get reversed in the future. What if your last name was 12-15 letters it would take up that space anyway.

With Spec E30 pretty much dominating the lightning class, if you were in a tight race for the lead, you might be glad the traffic up ahead could identify you and get out of the way.[/quote]

Ya, that’s right, rolfmao.

There you are duking it out with some other SpecE30 guy and you come up on to some pesky Miata… You’re so damn close to the Miata that your kidney grill fills his rear view mirror. He can now see the letters on your windshield and make out S…E…3…0.

And the Miata thinks “That damn SpecE30 is going to crush me like a bug if I don’t get out of his way. I wonder SE30 GREBOM means?”

Ranger wrote:

[quote]87isMan wrote:

[quote]drumbeater wrote:

DB[/quote]

With Spec E30 pretty much dominating the lightning class, if you were in a tight race for the lead, you might be glad the traffic up ahead could identify you and get out of the way.[/quote]

There you are duking it out with some other SpecE30 guy and you come up on to some pesky Miata… You’re so damn close to the Miata that your kidney grill fills his rear view mirror. He can now see the letters on your windshield and make out S…E…3…0.

And the Miata thinks “That damn SpecE30 is going to crush me like a bug if I don’t get out of his way. I wonder SE30 GREBOM means?”

[/quote]

Scott you are quite the comedian. The only time someone will see SE30 GREBOM in their mirror is just after they lap me. Except for you. You should get used to the view of the back of my car!!!B)

87isMan wrote:

[quote]Ranger wrote:

[quote]87isMan wrote:

[quote]drumbeater wrote:

DB[/quote]

[/quote]

Scott you are quite the comedian. The only time someone will see SE30 GREBOM in their mirror is just after they lap me. Except for you. You should get used to the view of the back of my car!!!B)[/quote]

Re. comedian. You just wait until you hear what kind of shit I’m going thru with my car right now. Tomorrow morning I’m reporting my car as stolen.

Don’t ask. I don’t want to talk about it. We’ll see how it all plays out.

Ranger wrote:

[quote]87isMan wrote:

[quote]Ranger wrote:

[quote]87isMan wrote:

[quote]drumbeater wrote:

DB[/quote]

[/quote]

Scott you are quite the comedian. The only time someone will see SE30 GREBOM in their mirror is just after they lap me. Except for you. You should get used to the view of the back of my car!!!B)[/quote]

Re. comedian. You just wait until you hear what kind of shit I’m going thru with my car right now. Tomorrow morning I’m reporting my car as stolen.[/quote]

pm sent

FWIW: Have you guys seen my name on my windshield?

Hey I’ll slap another sticker on there… what the hell!? But this seems like an absurd rule. I don’t need to see a sticker on a car for me to know what kind of car it is.

That’s all… now for some strange reason I’m in the mood for some Fig Newtons

Ranger -

Maybe you can borrow IndyJim’s matches. Sorry to hear you might not field the car this weekend.:frowning:

Scott Mc -

When I first saw “McMennannennannamy” on the windshield, I thought someone lost a bet. :blink:

Steve D.

[quote]Ranger wrote:

[/quote]

LOL :laugh: