Convertible's in the SE

At Roebling this weekend we talked about allowing the Pantas convertible and Danny Parkhurst’s convertible to race with us. Danny for those that might not know him, has been around us a long time, it taking a while to get Laura Patton to agree to marry him.

Recall that we agreed that Al Taylor could race his E30 with us, as long as it’s drivetrain, suspension, and weight was SpecE30 compliant. I asked, in the meeting, that we let those 2 vert’s race with us. No one disagreed. If anyone has strong feelings against this, you’re welcome to make your points and the consensus will take the day.

These are all people who’ve been part of our SE SpecE30 community for years. Having them with us only increases the size of our race groups. Of course their cars need to be SpecE30 compliant in drivetrain, suspension and weight.

I’m not trying to suggest that we wholesale open up our region to E30 vert’s. We would be doing this because the Pantas’s and the Parkhurst’s have long been part of our family.

Agree! as long as Brandon puts a decent motor on the fire engine, that thing is already ugly, I don’t mind ugly, I don’t mind slow, but not a combination of the 2. :wink:

Somehow Brandon is fast, I know he doesn’t look it, but he is :mind explodes: we would love for him to give us some hell!

I don’t really have an opinion on the convertibles other than I wouldn’t want to drive one at Daytona. Now if that means letting Brandon in, that’s another story…:slight_smile:

We need to get one of the Pantas girls into the fire engine. Just think how hilarious it would be to have some teenage girl fighting for podium positions. Totally awesome.

God help the guy who bangs on the car of one of the few girls in the series.