ControlArm Bushing

Does the Treehouse Racing "Eyeball Arm" Control Arm bushing offered by Bimmerworld comply with Rules 9.3.8.2 and/or 9.3.8.9?
If so, is anyone using these? Thoughts?

This has been addressed in previous discussions. I believe the answer is "no."
Ed

Use offset Delrin, it’s cheaper and just as effective and Class legal. You just have to be willing to tap the housing for a set screw.

Ok. Thanks.

Rob,

I have offset Delrin in mine but no set screw. Are you saying there is a chance the bushing will be pushed out of the housing?

4bimmers wrote:

[quote]Rob,

I have offset Delrin in mine but no set screw. Are you saying there is a chance the bushing will be pushed out of the housing?[/quote]

that or they can spin

We have a lip cut into the bushing on the OD, and the hole that is bored into it for the control arm is releaved for clearance. When you install the lip should be on the side of the control arm. The bushing should be installed this way so if it is to come free for some reason it fails safe in the bracket. The set screw is just to keep the offset from turning even though they are a mild interference fit in the bracket. This is the only way we found in the past many years of using them to keep them from moving.

They will eventually wear and need to be replaced but for the money they are great bang for the buck. I have about 25-30k on the set I’m using now and I’m just starting to think about replacing them. They came directly off my old street car. They should go for several seasons on a race only car.