Coming back soon (well kinda)

[quote=“Foglght” post=63255]yeah, what is the deal here…

Great Lakes schedule doesn’t say anything about Gingerman in June. Is this ia Midwest or crossover event?

I saw the first GL event was April 11-13.

Can anyone do the tech inspection and issue a logbook before I get to the track? Do I need to drive the car somewhere? I hate running around like a madman at the track trying to get all this stuff done.[/quote]

G’man is a midwest event.

Other than the series director, do we have a running list of numbers for everyone this year? Want to make sure I won’t run into any conflicts within my region.

NASA-SE has all the numbers posted somewhere on their website. I saw it last month. You should check with your region.

Here’s the link:

http://www.nasamidwest.com/pages/nasa_docs.asp?doc=Car_Numbers

You can register for your very own! Just remember how helpful the MIDWEST guys (me and turbo) were . . . :wink:

Already screwed on the numbers. I didn’t know about this until today. More unexpected expenses.

If we see each other at a crossover event, I will offer beer/food/free place to crash.

Debating about what events to do. April is usually pretty damn cold. Especially that Mid-O one at the beginning of April. But, Putnam doesn’t allow camping so I’m not going there.

Don’t want to wait until June to race either. Not sure what to do. May bite the bullet and head to the Mid-O event anyway.

I don’t want your beer, food or place to crash. I want your car on the grid next to me!

I bet we can find you a roommate for Putnam to split a room. Or better yet, something at Autobahn.

I just bought a truck and RV 5’th wheel last year specifically for camping at the track so I don’t have to pay for hotels…

We use it for other things too, but no wai. Thanks for the offer though.

I may have enough to do 3 races + the championship. Depends on how long those Toyos last, and how ridiculous the entry fees get. I saw Mid-o at $360.

Yah, Putnam is a pain. I don’t bother bringing the RV cause its a huge pain in the ass to get it in and out of the paddock.

If its an option, my cousin has a camp ground right down the road.

How much farther is ACC than Putnam or MidO?

ACC is $329, so saved ya $30 bucks right there!

This is true. I know mid-o much better than Autobahn and with a new car it would probably be best to know the track. We shall see though. Depends on the weather and my budget.

Don’t forget 3 starters = 3 toyo checks. 5 starters = 5 toyo checks. I like those odds.

I do appreciate that there is something there from Toyo, but $150 ain’t much (and that’s if you win) when you are paying $700 for a set of shaved tires every other weekend.

Has anyone ever tried to poke BMW about supporting any of this? Mazda, Nissan, Ford, Toyota and other support their spec classes.

BMW doesn’t even support the CCA!

So we need someone to sponsor SE30 (nationwide) with $120k (in total).

How hard could it be?

And how does a brotha get some bimmerworld stickers? Emailed the person from this site and got no response.

I will have some in my hand by the weekend and can send them to you. Need PFC stickers too? Shoot me an addy.

There are quite a few tech shops. I believe any tech shop can issue a log book. If they can’t I am sure they can tell you how to get one. Do some browsing of the NASA GL website.

April Mid-Ohio is usually has a good turnout for SE30. I can think of 4 guys that will definiately be there. 6 is probably more accurate. We had 11 last year.

Good question about the stickers. I bet our series director, Michael Osborne, will have some. I would hope the NASA tent would have them. Or we might have to give Bimmerworld a call and ask them to send some.

No PFC stickers. Using Hawks right now. May switch to Carbotechs later. Don’t know what works best on this car yet. I am just using the stock brake cooling ducts for now. I do need to figure out how to block off the rest of the fog light area though. Not dropping $400 for brake ducts.

I emailed Reghan racing (in Livonia). No response. I’ll try to call sometime soon. I doubt if there is anyone near where I live.

Don’t forget 3 starters = 3 toyo checks. 5 starters = 5 toyo checks. I like those odds.[/quote]

My point was that we will probably only have a field of 3 to 5 at autobahn. GL and crossover events you will probably have to beat someone for the toyo money.

I’m getting all red misty eyed already…

and dammit!

Catch tanks! Please tell me I only need a coolant catch tank.

Coolent catch tank is required. Check the size. I think it has to be fairly large.

A lot of guys run a hose from the top of the trans to a bottle in the LF fender. It helps prevent oil from getting all over the trans.