Coming back soon (well kinda)

I don’t want your beer, food or place to crash. I want your car on the grid next to me!

I bet we can find you a roommate for Putnam to split a room. Or better yet, something at Autobahn.

I just bought a truck and RV 5’th wheel last year specifically for camping at the track so I don’t have to pay for hotels…

We use it for other things too, but no wai. Thanks for the offer though.

I may have enough to do 3 races + the championship. Depends on how long those Toyos last, and how ridiculous the entry fees get. I saw Mid-o at $360.

Yah, Putnam is a pain. I don’t bother bringing the RV cause its a huge pain in the ass to get it in and out of the paddock.

If its an option, my cousin has a camp ground right down the road.

How much farther is ACC than Putnam or MidO?

ACC is $329, so saved ya $30 bucks right there!

This is true. I know mid-o much better than Autobahn and with a new car it would probably be best to know the track. We shall see though. Depends on the weather and my budget.

Don’t forget 3 starters = 3 toyo checks. 5 starters = 5 toyo checks. I like those odds.

I do appreciate that there is something there from Toyo, but $150 ain’t much (and that’s if you win) when you are paying $700 for a set of shaved tires every other weekend.

Has anyone ever tried to poke BMW about supporting any of this? Mazda, Nissan, Ford, Toyota and other support their spec classes.

BMW doesn’t even support the CCA!

So we need someone to sponsor SE30 (nationwide) with $120k (in total).

How hard could it be?

And how does a brotha get some bimmerworld stickers? Emailed the person from this site and got no response.

I will have some in my hand by the weekend and can send them to you. Need PFC stickers too? Shoot me an addy.

There are quite a few tech shops. I believe any tech shop can issue a log book. If they can’t I am sure they can tell you how to get one. Do some browsing of the NASA GL website.

April Mid-Ohio is usually has a good turnout for SE30. I can think of 4 guys that will definiately be there. 6 is probably more accurate. We had 11 last year.

Good question about the stickers. I bet our series director, Michael Osborne, will have some. I would hope the NASA tent would have them. Or we might have to give Bimmerworld a call and ask them to send some.

No PFC stickers. Using Hawks right now. May switch to Carbotechs later. Don’t know what works best on this car yet. I am just using the stock brake cooling ducts for now. I do need to figure out how to block off the rest of the fog light area though. Not dropping $400 for brake ducts.

I emailed Reghan racing (in Livonia). No response. I’ll try to call sometime soon. I doubt if there is anyone near where I live.

Don’t forget 3 starters = 3 toyo checks. 5 starters = 5 toyo checks. I like those odds.[/quote]

My point was that we will probably only have a field of 3 to 5 at autobahn. GL and crossover events you will probably have to beat someone for the toyo money.

I’m getting all red misty eyed already…

and dammit!

Catch tanks! Please tell me I only need a coolant catch tank.

Coolent catch tank is required. Check the size. I think it has to be fairly large.

A lot of guys run a hose from the top of the trans to a bottle in the LF fender. It helps prevent oil from getting all over the trans.

I’ve looked through the CCR and the Spec E30 regs. I don’t see anything specifying the size of the catch tank.

Did I miss it?

I don’t remember there being a size limit. I have seen everything from the big OEM washer fluid container to a Mountain Dew 20 oz bottle.

I was definitely hoping the rule change would come out to remove the vapor canister so I could use that space for an overflow can.

Also definitely considering a well painted Faygo bottle.

Dude, you’re from MI–Vernor’s bottle, FTMFW!

I think the last time I had a Vernors was in high school…

Go class of '98!