CMP

Just another incredible weekend of fun and tire shredding. We had a big turnout for Saturday, race was awesome, no double yellow (no TR’s), got to race Bill Z… what?! he even let for a couple of laps… woohoo! had a good race as always with Ryan, Alex Barroso qualy 2nd in his first ever CMP appearance, great gob!! And the best part of all, is that the biggest drama was Arjun forgot the race, lol!

Saturday festivities were a lot of fun as always, somebody please post the AWOL pic of the podium, Ryan’s face is hilarious after he got hosed with silly string, but apparently that made him faster, as he won on Sunday! All that plus the usual shenanigans in the after party, sorry Al couldn’t make it, since we had big plans for his big five-0. Little Fabeny made an appearance and brought his very delightful aunt :wink: (by little Fabeny I mean Colin’s son, lol)

We missed Gress and his grilled Sausages, well not really, since Melissa cooked up some killer fajitas for lunch - thank you again :slight_smile:

I didn’t make it to qualy on Sunday, because it was too early and party went on for too long the day before, among other reasons, lol - so I started in the back and got to race everybody, which was awesome. Ryan took off from the start and drove a beautiful race, very consistent and smart, I tried my best to catch up and couldn’t - Congrats brother!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xwDI8nsTLI&feature=youtu.be

That was awesome!!! Nice to see that you beat the crap out of everyone’s rear bumper…!

Great racing all weekend! The most fun I’ve had at the track in years!

Had a blast racing with you guys! Best results for me this weekend ever! Well…except for the DQ. Got 50lbs to put in the car stat. Like a moron, I left the lens cap on my camera all weekend, so that was a bust.

-Colin

UUC $25 certificate contingency winners (6th, 9th, and last)
Chris (twice)
Sumpter (twice)
Michael Young
Arjun Soundararajan (yes, really)

I’ll give you guys your certificates at RA. If you’re not attending RA email me with your snailmail address and I’ll send it to you.

Note to future self: If you ever decide to take your car out to the east coast to race, bring extra rear bumpers. Or be faster than Sandro.

Som

As always, awesome weekend with the southeast crew. My memory card filled up within 1 lap on Saturday so video is a no go there. BillZ has the most exciting video of my race from Saturday. Glad that last turn/lap pass in the grass turned out well for him! :whistle: My excuse is that my left mirror fell out!

I did get video on Sunday and it was much better anyways. The first lap got a little crazy. I pulled to the inside on the start and PP decided move middle track so I got a terrible turn 1 and nearly took out Ty Young and some plastic pylons, but I made it through unscathed. Coming out of the carousel I pulled middle track to set up the pass on Ty in turn 8. Little did I realize El Chupacabra was lurking 2 cars behind. Sandro was glued to the back of Arjun’s bumper coming out of the carousel and they both pulled all the way track right. With the fury of El Chupacabra breathing fire under his ass, Arjun was coming in hot and deep :ohmy: 3 wide in turn 8, NO WAY this turning out good :huh::pinch::dry: Luckily no one wrecked and I only came out with a fresh donut on my door. On lap 2 I had the pleasure of being chased down by Sandro. I got flustered in turn 4 and hung it wide in the carousel. Enter Aaron. We battled it out for numerous laps until he got way sideways coming out of 14 and I saw my chance. Great clean racing. Around 18 minutes I catch up with Sumpter and he makes a mistake in 11 that lets me get by. Next on the list is PP and Ty. Ty slowed way down for a waving yellow in 11 which happened to be for PP spinning out. I was able to time my exit out of 11 perfectly and complete the pass on both of them! Now came the hard part. Before the race I noticed my front pads had maybe 1/8" - 1/16" of material left. By this point in the race there was nothing left and I could feel/smell the backing plates cooking the rotors. I manage to nurse the car around for 15 more minutes for my best finish to date: 6th! woohoo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyZqVCO533o

A few shots from the weekend.

Great shots!

My last lap, last turn pass of Chris Harkins from Saturday’s race:

https://youtu.be/OYpeCRnw6b4

Nice!!!

We can’t call you the “Dive-bomber” because you are the wrong color and that nickname is already taken by somebody else.

We need nicknames for everyone…!

Who wants to start?

[quote=“M3Bill” post=80890]My last lap, last turn pass of Chris Harkins from Saturday’s race:

https://youtu.be/OYpeCRnw6b4[/quote]

DANG! I never realized that wall turns into the track like that… That was close. In my defense, my driver’s side mirror had fallen off earlier in the race. would never have squeezed you that hard if I saw you making the move! Good race and nice pass.

[quote=“harkinsc” post=80895][quote=“M3Bill” post=80890]My last lap, last turn pass of Chris Harkins from Saturday’s race:

https://youtu.be/OYpeCRnw6b4[/quote]

DANG! I never realized that wall turns into the track like that… That was close. In my defense, my driver’s side mirror had fallen off earlier in the race. would never have squeezed you that hard if I saw you making the move! Good race and nice pass.[/quote]

No problem! All’s well that ends well! I really wasn’t intending to get that close to the wall either, but the back end was starting to slip and I didn’t want to jerk it back on track!!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Excited to follow you guys around Road Atlanta. CMP was an interesting experience in this car. Driver needs a lot and car needs a few things. I forgot to check out the shifters everyone was using (probably due to Sandra forcing Mezcal down my gullet) and my knob was coming off all weekend. I think ABS doesn’t work and tranny is crunchy going from 4th to 3rd. Car ran great other than that though, so I’m happy. I’ll get this stuff worked out and hope to keep you guys in sight for a couple laps. viva la spec e30!

I really really hate that I missed this cause I was gonna smoke all you bitches…spent my 50th doing mostly nothing and playing volleyball, yes I know that’s lame.

Sounds like folks are finding out that CMP is a great track to race on will be there next time.

Al