Scott “Not as funny as he thinks” Gress
Craig “Flyboy” Guthrie

Nothing heard:
Sandro
Robert Patton
Rob Eskew
Chris Harkins
Arjun
Mr. C (have to be a Clancy fan to catch this reference)
Melissa’s crew
AlexB
Bros. Harness

Compliance inspections.
Old business. At RA we found lots of problems with decals. Pls get those fixed before CMP.
New business. If you started racing with us this year or last, I would like to do a tech inspection of your car. This is safety, not compliance. Other than that, does anyone have ideas for what you would like looked at?

“Plank Holder”?? Where’s that from?

Naval term. In common usage it’s a Naval/Marine reference to the honored earliest members of an organization. It’s strict parlance, I think it’s the first “crew” of a ship, or something like that.

damn I don’t even make these lists anymore. I see how it is…my car will be back from Markert Motorworks so I should be signing up sometime this week.

What? No nickname for me? At least drop a lack of ballast joke in there. Lost my second podium last time due to underweight. Don’t worry, I’ve added 50 lbs. I’m ready to go.

Alternatively, you can use Travis Wilson’s nickname for me – “CoCo”.

-Colin

[quote=“horched” post=81104]What? No nickname for me? At least drop a lack of ballast joke in there. Lost my second podium last time due to underweight. Don’t worry, I’ve added 50 lbs. I’m ready to go.
[/quote]
I tried and failed to come up with a nickname for you. Nicknames can be tricky. One has to aim for a decent mix of mildly amusing and reasonably accurate, while avoiding anything derogatory. For most everyone else that’s been around a while, it’s not that hard to come up with something they’ve done or said that makes for good nickname fodder. But I couldn’t come up with a single instance of you saying or doing anything, ah, regrettable.

I would encourage you to see this as a challenge. Lets get you liquored up Saturday night and you can run some laps around the paddock, naked save for running shoes. And/or visit the various paddock celebrants with a tray of jello shots, attired in the same outfit.

The legend of “Streaker” Fabeny will live forever.

Al Taylor is looking to join us. I bet he’d be in for this too.

Fair enough. But, I’m definitely not streaking with Al. Unless, of course, Pantas leads the way.

This is gonna be my first time at CMP. I have a couple of logistical questions…

I’m going to do the Turn1 day on Friday, and I plan to camp out for the weekend. Anybody know if they let you show up and camp out Thursday night?

Getting my tires shipped to me and mounted in time might be a squeeze. Will there be a tire vendor onsite who can mount tires?

Actually, this will be my first SE event that wasn’t also a Mid-Atlantic crossover. Looking forward to it!

Re. getting in Thur night. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I’d call CMP to confirm. If you can’t get in Thur night, just get a room at the Executioner in Kershaw for the night then camp Fri & Sat with the rest of us. It’s so cheap it’s practically free.

I think the hotel’s really called the Executive, or something like that, but everyone calls it the Executioner.

Even tho it’s cheap, you might end up thinking you paid too much.

Tire. Contact Appalachian tires and see if they’re coming.

Thanks, Ranger. Camping is available Thursday according to the lady at CMP I spoke with. I’ll aim to show up sometime Thursday night and grab a spot in the SE30 section.

Colin’s nickname can be “Mosca” :stuck_out_tongue: wife’s middle name, since he’s whipped :ohmy: , oh damn, you said they were not supposed to be offensive, my bad!

Ryan’s nickname is NOT “Bitchtube Guy” just for the record :dry: - don’t forget the “guy”

Gress, please don’t add any more nicknames to Paul Patrick, he’s got enough: PeePee, Despicable ME, Despicable PP, The Jerk, etc. :stuck_out_tongue:

It looks like I’m gonna make it after all - there’s a record number of SE46’s to race with, lol!

Mark “the dormant cell” Issa and Ryan “Ed Sheeran” Withinger might be coming as well, the field could be big, let’s harass the rest of the crew to show up

Podium types and Toyo marketing. Toyo wants some pics and info from the guys that get on the podium. Saturday podium types, get with me after the race and we’ll take some pics of you and your car. Action photos would be best tho.

[quote=“Sandro32” post=81144]Colin’s nickname can be “Mosca” :stuck_out_tongue: wife’s middle name, since he’s whipped :ohmy: , oh damn, you said they were not supposed to be offensive, my bad!

[/quote]

Well played, my friend. I nominate you to be “El Gusano de Tequila”. WOOOOOO! Ole. :evil: