CMP in May with N-MA, who's going?

I’m thinking of making my first ever trip to CMP for the May event as exams will have ended and the summer job will not have started yet. So who is going? Where should I stay? Is it worth the lengthy lengthy trip from DC?

Thanks,
Jon

jonmca wrote:

[quote]I’m thinking of making my first ever trip to CMP for the May event as exams will have ended and the summer job will not have started yet. So who is going? Where should I stay? Is it worth the lengthy lengthy trip from DC?

Thanks,
Jon[/quote]

The May event for Me is going to be Roebling Road. With the all Spec E30 IFU2 (Inverted Field Unlimited) and the 2 sprint races… it’ll be the race to be at.

With that said: the revised 11-13 configuration at CMP is a very nice improvement. The new patches of pavement is also nice and is a bit easier on tires. The hotels closest to the track are a bit sketchy so bring your own sheet and some Lysol, or stay further away. Personally, I like to just camp at the track.

Is it worth the drive? I think CMP and RRR are 2 of the best racing tracks we visit (with VIR North is 3rd)IMO

scottmc wrote:

With Roebling being superior to CMP in racing fun. Couple that with the IFU2 and it’s incredible fun.

Is anyone going to this race? I may come down and spectate.

Not sitting in enough meetings at work??:laugh:

8 cars on the list: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=peziN7dv–3Xrr54oVSdYWQ

Looks like you have your top 10 finish all locked up.

Jim, a top 10 within the Mid Atlantic group is a good feat…even if there are only 10 entrants. Fast crowd.

Regards, Robert

Maybe I should sign up then, before they get 11.

haha :wink: