Clutch pedal stays down

Bought a 87 325i w/ 225kmi for a beater/daily driver/future racer. Recent clutch and strong engine. After cleaning/degreasing undercarriage and engine bay, clutch will go to floor but not come back under it’s own power. Pumping it will not pressurize it. Added 3oz brake fluid, no change. Will flush and bleed brakes and slave cylinder this weekend and hope it helps.

Is the TOB dry or seized enough to not let the clutch release from the flywheel? Was functioning well but did have a problem during it’s last drive that clutch takeup happened at 1/4 travel but this went away after driving a few miles.

I hope i don’t have to drop the tranny to install a $25 TOB.

Thoughts?

Slave probably needs bleeding. It wasn’t until the 4th time I did this that it finally went well. The slave has to come off so you can get it upside down. That puts the bleed valve at the top where air will get to it. Then with someone on the clutch pedal and you on the bleed valve you do a standard brake bleed.

You have to have something holding in the clutch slave rod tho. Make something or buy a clutch slave tool.

Thanks Scott that’s what i’ll do.

Finally replaced the badly leaking slave cylinder last night and bled it. Works great now.

Of course while i was in there, bleeder valve on front right caliper broke off leading to all new front Girling rebuilt calipers and pads.