Clutch cleaning?

I’m running the stock replacement clutch /pressure plate in my car. Last race weekend a little oil got onto the flywheel surface and the clutch would slip a bit. Took everything apart. All pieces look dry except where the flywheel bolts pass thru the flywheel. That part of the flywheel is damp. I didn’t use thread sealer on the bolts when I installed the flywheel last. I’m going to attempt to clean the clutch even though it’s dry. Should I use brake cleaner? Thanks

Ray

That’s what I use. Also, I’d use blue locktite on the flywheel bolts and pressure plate bolts.

I picked up Permatex high temp thread sealer to use on the flywheel bolts.

If that’s the high strength stuff then I’d use medium instead. Not everyone will agree tho. High strength locktite can be a bastard when it comes time to remove the fastener.

Locktite can create a gap between the flywheel and engine. The new bolts from pelican or whoever have a dry lock stuff pre applied. Looks like a yellow band around the bolt.

That’s goofy. You bathe your bolts in the stuff?

It’s not the high strength red thread locker. The red thread locker requires heat to take the bolt out. I never use that stuff. What I’m using is a high temperature thread sealant by Permatex. It’s in a white tube. The material is white in color.

Ray