Charcoal cannister is AWOL on my car

My current car is a KP race car. At some point in its life as a racecar the charcoal cannister was removed by a previous owner but the rubber and metal line going to the gas tank is still present. I’m not sure if the line is actually connected to the gas tank but it seems to head up there near the left rear wheel well.

My question is this: Should I cap this line where it is open in the engine bay? I’d hate to think that gas fumes from this line may be exposed to any ignition sources on or around the engine, especially since it goes towards the gas tank. I have reason to believe that this line has been open for a while and the engine seems to run just fine. Thanks for any info.

Mike

Run it out through the trunk in big loops and then out the trunk vent flap under the bumper, put a filter or baffled grommet on it.

You need it open if everything else is stock or the tank isn’t going to vent properly.

do our rules say we can remove the charcoal cannister?
bruce

Mike - Why not just find another cannister and put it back in service? Not sure there is any performance advantage to run without it, other than the weight reduction.
Ed

Yeah, I may just find another cannister and reconnect everything.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Hey Mike,

Robert here, I have a spare charcoal canister from my 325e I can give ya.

If your willing to pay shipping, its yours.