Car has a bunch of tubes in it

Hey guys. I just finished towing my car home from the cage guy…What do you think? Any comments are welcome. I am bringing it back to him on Tuesday to have him finish the driver’s side door bar. I am still trying to figure out what quick release to get for the steering wheel (any suggestions). I am also debating whether or not I am going to paint it…

Here are some photos of how the car stands right now…

I am in a crunch and have to install my six point harness in my e30 tomorrow afternoon. I want to know where it is good/okay to drill the holes to mount it. It is a g-force six point cam lock harness with pull down straps if that matters. If anyone has their e30 with harnesses installed, I would love to see some close up pictures of where they are mounted.

I think I have found a donor car for a motor (if the leak down comes back good…). I cannot wait to go racing this next year…

Very nice looking cage. I like the eyelet on the main hoop for the right side net, nice touch.

One question though, why didn’t you finish the X-brace on the driver’s side? That should be the side with the MOST protection.

JP

check out the pictures in the CCR of the angles that the belts have to be mounted at (range). edit: hmmm, could have sworn the pics were in the CCR - check out the BMW club rules - Appendix B on pg 67 - can’t go wrong using the recommendations there http://www.bmwccaclubracing.com/static/ForTheRacer/BMW_CR_Rules_-2007-_v12.2g.pdf

Cage looks really nice.
cheers,
bruce

JP - his original post says he’s going back to get the door bar finished

Nice cage Brenden - where did you get it done?

I went with the TC Design quick release - almost a year of 1-2 track weekends per month and it is as tight as the day I bought it. No welding and allows the wheel to go on in only one position.

Nice cage Brenden - where did you get it done?

I went with the TC Design quick release - almost a year of 1-2 track weekends per month and it is as tight as the day I bought it. No welding and allows the wheel to go on in only one position.

AJ Goldsmith wrote:

[quote]Nice cage Brenden - where did you get it done?

I went with the TC Design quick release - almost a year of 1-2 track weekends per month and it is as tight as the day I bought it. No welding and allows the wheel to go on in only one position.[/quote]

Its a semi local guy that builds nostalgia top fuel dragsters and funny cars from the ground up…Supposedly he wants to build a car and come racing with us…:S . I will believe it when I see it…

You can see my lap belt mounting points in this picture from before I painted the interior. I had my reinforcements welded in.

JP

You can see my lap belt mounting points in this picture from before I painted the interior. I had my reinforcements welded in.

JP