Canceled - Sebring Race - Lack of registrations

Just got an email from NASA stating the March race at Sebring has been canceled due to lack of registration.

Crap!

Sux.

I am starting to think about Homestead. You?

Don

yep, I can’t wait much longer to be on the track!

Gents - It would be great if everyone could make it down to homestead. I am 95% sure the car will be ready by then. If the blacks make it, it will be a 4 car field!

Yes, sucks is an understatement. I’m going through withdrawl…
The Blacks are still on the “next NASA event is a race, then we instruct the following event” schedule - so we should be on for Homestead.
I guess we didn’t need to rush to get that annual inspection done… :frowning:

Don - if there’s a silver lining, I guess you have a bit more time to get that head taken care of…

I’m planning on it, maybe even SCCA at PBIR April 4-5

Well I just transferred my Sebring registration to Homestead. What it’s nice to save $49 bucks on the deal. It will be nice when FL get more cars at the events to get the price of weekends down a bit. It almost makes me want to attend more SE events. You know save $50-100 on registraton and spend $200 more on gas (-:

Yep, we did the same.

More cars would be nice, but I wouldn’t hold my breath on a price drop anytime soon. I think at this point I’m happy the fees aren’t going up. (I just get the impression that both Sebring & Homestead aren’t inexpensive tracks to rent).
Hell, at this point I’d be happy to have enough cars so the events aren’t cancelled. :dry:

I’m starting to go through track withdrawl…

Guess you guys will have to caravan up to CMP the first weekend in May and race with us in the SE! I promise, we will play nice.

Jones wrote:

Oh, yeah - I believe that B) Nothing like going to a new track to have my ass handed to me by a hoard of SE crazies while I’m trying to figure out where I’m going :stuck_out_tongue: At this point we’re on a one event per month schedule. Crappy economy. We’ll get to CMP someday. Now RA in August is a distinct possibility…

We do have races set for both April and May at Homestead-Miami. It even looks like the FL SpecE30 field will have doubled from last year - from 2 cars to 4. We’re outta control down here!

Jones wrote:

Brian, It would be easier to believe this if you took your car to the body shop and had the dents taken out and the body repainted. :wink:

CMP is a nice track and the SE guys are a lot of fun! I definitely plan on dong more SE events, I really enjoyed the last event.

Nat
Have y’all driven Homestead before?

sir_gary wrote:

[quote]
Nat
Have y’all driven Homestead before?[/quote]

Yep, we got out there for an event last year.
It should be quite the challenge to try to get four garage spaces adjacent to one another - I want a SpecE30 compound, damn it B)

We’re looking forward to getting to a SE event sooner than later - maybe August at RA…

Gasman wrote:

[quote]Jones wrote:

Brian, It would be easier to believe this if you took your car to the body shop and had the dents taken out and the body repainted. ;)[/quote]

Now what would be the fun in that? My car has style. :slight_smile:

And as we have learned over and over and over again, getting the car painted and or fixed is the kiss of death. It works just fine right now and when I’m driving, I’m not the one who has to look at it! :laugh:

Well that big a$$ mirror helps alot too.