BW 4/21/12 - 4/22/12

https://vimeo.com/40990248

That’s my perspective on Saturday. No vid from Sunday since the aforementioned Spec Miata ended my weekend early.

Priapism,
Quick race tip for the night, 4th gear through the bus stop & also over the top of phil hill.

and never, ever, ever point someone by going into Phill Hill. Ever. Take the line, there is too much crap on the outside and this is one good reason people roll on the hill. Unless they are there, dont give that one up.

Saturdays race

https://vimeo.com/41058106

Sundays race

https://vimeo.com/41112630

Did I do that?

I think he was just pointing it out to you, not pointing his finger at you.

Better tip, perhaps you might want to re-think asking the guy who has been driving your car for 2 hours in an enduro with 92 degree temps to then get out and lift a 45 pound fuel jug to refuel the car.

I’m just sayin’…:wink:

Its only a 30lb jug, 35lb MAX. His driver needs a better exercise program, otherwise the jug wouldnt have been a challenge at all. :slight_smile:

I’m just sayin’…

We haven’t had problems with the jugs before (hehehe…“jugs”), but I think the combination of the heat and how late in the day it was made everything harder.

BTW…the rules specifically say that plumbing supplies are allowed, so I still think my rig was legal. The fact that it didn’t work is something else haha

Technically it was legal. Safety didnt like the metal pipe, they want to see a flexible hose at the end to help better control the fuel flow. (Smart to)
You should tested the jug before the enduro. The metal pipe was cross threaded into the cap. It leaked like it wasnt even thee. Steve ruined a really nice, expensive, new pair of gloves because of it.

Thats one of the biggest mistake people make in enduros, they dont practice a fuel stop with the person doing the fueling, using the gear intended on being used.

Here some pictures of Eriks damaged E30.

Looks like the strut towers are not bent? Wow, thats impressive! Not as much work as I thought. The #3 car had the whole front clip, firewall forward replaced. Shes fixable!

[quote=“SurferShawn” post=65344]Technically it was legal. Safety didnt like the metal pipe, they want to see a flexible hose at the end to help better control the fuel flow. (Smart to)
You should tested the jug before the enduro. The metal pipe was cross threaded into the cap. It leaked like it wasnt even thee. Steve ruined a really nice, expensive, new pair of gloves because of it.

Thats one of the biggest mistake people make in enduros, they dont practice a fuel stop with the person doing the fueling, using the gear intended on being used.[/quote]

I tested it with water, but I think the fitting got stripped since then. My mechanic was supposed to remove the restrictor plate on the fuel fitting but didn’t.

Sorry about your gloves, Steve :confused: Brad hand washed them and I’ll bring them to Willow.

My video from Saturdays race. Good fun racing the e30!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppYzeHqYyqw&feature=g-upl[/video]

That was one hell of a battle in the offramp!

Sundays video:

Part 1
Part 2

Great battles through almost the entire race even if I kept getting schooled coming out of the button hook. Kevin- I’m still not sure if your wave after I pushed you was to say “thanks” or “you’re an a-hole” :wink: I’ll be really happy when I get to use 2nd gear again.
Also, Steve, you’re a rockstar for doing so much for the enduro guys, you don’t get thanked enough!

I think the wave was to say, “dont push me, were coming up on the tow vehicle”.

I like the “push” you gave the parked BMW in the Esses. Is that how you bent the bumper?

Good stuff Matt!

[quote=“SurferShawn” post=65445]I think the wave was to say, “dont push me, were coming up on the tow vehicle”.

I like the “push” you gave the parked BMW in the Esses. Is that how you bent the bumper?

Good stuff Matt![/quote]

That was the second wave, the first one happened right after I pushed him. The e36 is the one that broke my bumper. That was a pretty solid hit, it was completely unexpected, that is not a place to lift.

I wish I could understand what you are saying in the second video at 13:20-13:29.

Matt, was the first wave right after the kink as you come off of Phil Hill? If so, that one wasnt for you. Steve moved over to get out of the way of the clubbie car and didnt know Kevin had a run. Is that the one? Where in the vid does Kevin do that?

Steve, im pretty sure he is saying something along the lines of “GO” and then he questions whether or not the driver of the 96 mother is also his aunt… yeah something like that.

They waves are on video 1

There was one wave at the 7:16 mark where he gave Kevin a little love tap exiting the button hook.

The second one was around the 8:30 mark where I moved over for Lagoni in the #611 evosport car not knowing Kevin krept up on the inside.

The third was at 9:27 for the fire safety vehicle on course. Kevin wisely gave a signal.