BW 4/21/12 - 4/22/12

So the Shoe can’t afford gas to go North so he is planning to stumble in to Buttonwillow for the weekend. Eat Willow Ranch BBQ, Drink Seth’s special mixture, Suck in a little BW dust and hopefully record some boring video! (as opposed to the hilarious video from behind Big Dave and the Great Pumpkin)

Watched your videos from Cal Speedway. Good group of racers you got there!

So I am headed into the bad part of the neighborhood,… SoCal!

They are so tough they don’t even use this forum. I may be entering the Lions Den…

They know the track, they know each other, they smell fresh blood in the water.

Their cars are specifically tuned and adapted to the heat and dust of the valley. These boys know how to race and how to drink. They may seek to take advantage of this little country boy.

If you fail to hear from me on this forum in the future, you know where to come look for my body parts.

LOL!!

We will have 2 first timer to join the group with us so that makes you a seasoned veteran!
One driver currently competes in a M3 in ST2 will be renting the Midnight Oil #3 car for the weekend.
The other, we will just have to meet him!

See you there!

It made me all nostalgic when I was driving back to Santa Barbara yesterday afternoon when I saw one of you guys towing the white number 230? car… How many cars do you guys have at events in the southern region? It makes me want to get my #88 car back in shape and come out and run with you guys…

Brendan,

Good to hear from you. I think there were 16 cars. Good group. Lots of fast guys. Great competition. You should do it!

I will be posting my videos here, from Saturday and Sunday, this week. You’ll get to see what the action looks like.

Shawn Maze has taken off as director just like Scoot Neville in NorCal. Midnight Oil is extremely supportive as the major sponsor. I personally talked to three guys looking to join the group this summer and a guy from Spec 944 asked about renting a car to run with us as it looked so fun.

I hope things are well for you!

Brandon, you dont know what you are missing! You probably saw the #320 car of Allan Hauser? He was there this weekend.

We had 16 cars both days. freakish incident on friday morning lost one car of Erick Strong. A couple new faces and a local guy with a new provisional license filled out the field. Saturday night we lost another car in the enduro. Guess what, a SM took him out. I know, shocker right? Sheesh. That car will be fixed and back at the next event at Willow Springs.
Sunday an E30 driver who ran with the BMW club guys to retain his club license ran with us so we still had 16 cars on. Was alot of fun this weekend! Some great racing all over the track. Im sure I will miss mentioning alot of it in the post race report but ill do my best!

We have a pretty good mixture of really fast, mid pack and new guys so whatever your pace and experience, there is always someone to race with! Its a great group of guys, I love it!

Plus in June we are having the "California Crown event at Buttonwillow. 45-50 cars will be there and it will be a grand ole time! Hope to see you there!

Shawn MEZE :slight_smile:

https://vimeo.com/40990248

That’s my perspective on Saturday. No vid from Sunday since the aforementioned Spec Miata ended my weekend early.

Priapism,
Quick race tip for the night, 4th gear through the bus stop & also over the top of phil hill.

and never, ever, ever point someone by going into Phill Hill. Ever. Take the line, there is too much crap on the outside and this is one good reason people roll on the hill. Unless they are there, dont give that one up.

Saturdays race

https://vimeo.com/41058106

Sundays race

https://vimeo.com/41112630

Did I do that?

I think he was just pointing it out to you, not pointing his finger at you.

Better tip, perhaps you might want to re-think asking the guy who has been driving your car for 2 hours in an enduro with 92 degree temps to then get out and lift a 45 pound fuel jug to refuel the car.

I’m just sayin’…:wink:

Its only a 30lb jug, 35lb MAX. His driver needs a better exercise program, otherwise the jug wouldnt have been a challenge at all. :slight_smile:

I’m just sayin’…

We haven’t had problems with the jugs before (hehehe…“jugs”), but I think the combination of the heat and how late in the day it was made everything harder.

BTW…the rules specifically say that plumbing supplies are allowed, so I still think my rig was legal. The fact that it didn’t work is something else haha

Technically it was legal. Safety didnt like the metal pipe, they want to see a flexible hose at the end to help better control the fuel flow. (Smart to)
You should tested the jug before the enduro. The metal pipe was cross threaded into the cap. It leaked like it wasnt even thee. Steve ruined a really nice, expensive, new pair of gloves because of it.

Thats one of the biggest mistake people make in enduros, they dont practice a fuel stop with the person doing the fueling, using the gear intended on being used.

Here some pictures of Eriks damaged E30.

Looks like the strut towers are not bent? Wow, thats impressive! Not as much work as I thought. The #3 car had the whole front clip, firewall forward replaced. Shes fixable!

[quote=“SurferShawn” post=65344]Technically it was legal. Safety didnt like the metal pipe, they want to see a flexible hose at the end to help better control the fuel flow. (Smart to)
You should tested the jug before the enduro. The metal pipe was cross threaded into the cap. It leaked like it wasnt even thee. Steve ruined a really nice, expensive, new pair of gloves because of it.

Thats one of the biggest mistake people make in enduros, they dont practice a fuel stop with the person doing the fueling, using the gear intended on being used.[/quote]

I tested it with water, but I think the fitting got stripped since then. My mechanic was supposed to remove the restrictor plate on the fuel fitting but didn’t.

Sorry about your gloves, Steve :confused: Brad hand washed them and I’ll bring them to Willow.

My video from Saturdays race. Good fun racing the e30!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppYzeHqYyqw&feature=g-upl[/video]

That was one hell of a battle in the offramp!