Bumpers / Spoilers / Valances

This may or may not be clear to some (esp. me) but in the rules it states:

9.3.13.3. Front spoilers, air dams, and splitters are permitted, provided they do not protrude
more than two (2) inches beyond the overall outline of the body when viewed from
above, perpendicular to the ground, or aft of the forward most part of the fender opening.
This body outline does not include bumpers or bumper mounts, but does include the
integrated bumper assemblies of 1989 to 1991 models.
9.3.13.3.1. Vehicles with integrated bumper assemblies, 1989 to 1991models, may use
aftermarket front one-piece bumper/spoiler unit, provided the original crash bar is
maintained.

Would anyone complain if a car is using an M-Tech II body (front and rear bumper/spoilers/valances) on a big bumper car?

Are bumper conversions allowed? IE: Running euro bumpers? Or plastic bumpers on a alum. bumper car?

I think M-TechII would be legal - but damn - that is a lot of money for something that potentially will see some “ouch”.

Bumper conversions are not legal. You can not modify the bumpers on pre-facelift cars. I would thing that would include running euro bumpers.

That’s how I read it - and I know it’s been covered in here regarding updating bumpers quite a few times.

http://spece30.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,86/func,view/id,9345/catid,15/

John,

AMS sells fiberglass versions, so it wouldn’t be too bad. Plus they look a hella alot better than having nothing :slight_smile:

Thanks for the thread link. I sent you an e-mail.