Broken Throttle Cable

I broke my throttle cable standing on it too hard. I’m aware it doesn’t go any faster, no need to restate that.

Where can I get another? Nothing on Rockauto or other places I’ve checked.

Try Pelican Parts. Also, you may want to check and see if the pedal stop is in place. It is basically a large-head screw. I had to get one to replace the auto trans kick-down switch that kept bending on my car. Go to realoem.com and grab the part number and enter it at Pelican.

Pelican Parts definitely sells them, as I have a brand new one from them in my extra parts bin.

+1 for the above.

The reason the pedal stop that Steve mentioned is important is that it prevents the driver from putting a bunch of tension on the accel cable. Properly adjusted, the pedal stop blocks the pedal just before the cable gets to full extension.

It is true, Pelican parts has them. Now for the harder question. There is a little retaining bushing of some sort that connects the throttle cable to the gas pedal rod itself. Mine broke a while ago, and I had been holding it together with a zip tie. Anyone know the part number or part description of this part? Thanks in advance.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=1113&mospid=47309&btnr=35_0123&hg=35&fg=10

You can also get just about any OEM part from Bimmerparts.com. They support NASA MA and NE SE30 and a good to deal with.