Best wheels?

Is there a general consensus on what the “best” SE30 wheel is? Also, what offset do I want? I’ll never again buy a DForce wheel because of their problems, I just didn’t know if there was something that was legal, light, strong and looked good. Thoughts?

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 +25mm offset with 15 mmh&r spacers FTW!

Is there no way to get maximum width without a spacer?

The smallest offset they make in a 15x7 is a +15mm but they are impossible to find if you are in a pinch. The 25’s are typically stocked in the US. The 25’s with 15 spacers are actually wider than the 15’s (25-15=10) and are still in spec (passed measurment at RA).

If you are interested i have six +15’s in great shape (4 have ra1’s on them for rain, other 2 are naked). If you really want to avoid spacers and would be willing to talk turkey, i want to replace them with 25’s and you could avoid the 2-3 month wait. Got a two car team so we hoard wheels like a damn tire store.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/wheels/drag/product/submitProductSize.do?pc=53880&tmn=DR-41&typ=Car%2FMinivan

duh!

There is no concensus but theses are what we run.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=C157025400CG&wheelMake=TRMotorsport&wheelModel=C1&wheelFinish=Light+Grey+Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=BMW&autoModel=325i&autoYear=1988&autoModClar=&filterFinish=All&filterSize=All&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Price

We found surprising body width discrepancies when we did a track width check of all cars at one of our events a couple years ago. I don’t think there is an answer that will work for all cars.

We have mix of Dforce and Team Dynamics, both without issue.

Happy with Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2’s. Please note, the +15’s are heavier than the +25’s by about 2 to 3lbs per corner. Most of this weight is at the hub to give the wheel additional strength with the added offset.

Can you run the Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2’s with a 15mm hubcentric spacer without any milling on the spacer? If so, what brand spacer?

I run H&R straight from the box.

I like my Kosei K1 15x7 +25 with a 10 mm spacer from Tire Rack. I have multiple sets of hub centric spacers that came from Tire Rack that work with these wheels. I don’t want to take any chance on wheelbase. Good decision on not going with DForce. We got to see one crack on track with no contact at the last event of the season this year.

Funny that we run cheap ass wheels when the best would be the factory BBS German made 14x6.5…Even though they are old I would trust them more than most of the wheels on the market.

That said, I have not had any issues with Team Dynamics.

Wish we could all be on bottlecaps or the BBS would save a ton of money.

Al

Funny I can show you a pile of TD wheels cracked and broken all from E30’s…and we still sell 100’s

The D-Force wheel we had made for E30, +15 offset, is a different animal than the D-Force of the past.

Just need to keep the info up to date…:slight_smile: