Best Rotor Brands

Which Brands are decent? Which Brands should we stay away from?
We have had good luck with Textar replacement rotors.
has anyone had any experience with any of the following brands:
op products
zimmerman
brembo
meyle
ATE
stoptech
fremax
DBA

I tried searching, but only found threads about the cheapest rotors…

Cheapest you can find. It is a wear item and you’ll change them at least once a year. Under racing conditions, one is no better that another.

+1 for cheap.

FWIW, Last month I had a brand new set of rotors all around, the cheapest I could find. I bought Centric rotors from O’reilly for $23 a piece and they lasted three sessions. The front left rotor cracked all the way to the edge. I could feel some vibration that went away as they warmed up. I’m just glad I saw the crack on my typical pre-session walk around. I had bought a set of ATE coated rotors as backups and they are really nice. The machining is much better quality and the coating means you can just put them on at the track without cleaning anything off.

There is informal competition re. finding the cheapest rotors. You have to be <$20 shipped to be competitive.

Robert, sorry you had bad luck with the rotors. Long term tho, I’d be surprised if you found noticeable performance differences between brands.

What pads and what was your cool down lap procedure?

Slow initial bedding with gradual temp increase over the course of a few laps and then a full cooldown. End of session cooldown entails trying to stay off the brakes for cool down lap and moving the car a little after parking to allow rotors to cool around the pads. I take good care of things.

As a note, I worked in the metal machining business years ago and there can be big differences in casting quality based on steel and quality control. I like to try and stick with German made parts (even if they are casted elsewhere) because they have tighter quality controls. Having a brake rotor explode on track doesn’t sound like much fun.