Barber in Feb.

we are going and we have extra seats if anyone needs a ride, racing, tt or de!

drive-gear.com

wow, impressive showing

21 signed up. There’s 3 race groups now. Our “Blitz” race group puts us with GTS and Spec944. The GTS3/4 cars will be coming thru us pretty quickly.

Ben Andrews
Julio Palacio
Chuck Taylor
Robert Patton
Brian Edmonds
Al K
Gregor Davis
Sandro Espinosa
Chris Tuttel
Alan Garner
Ryan Whitinger
Matt Harness
David Walsh
Jon Stroup
Richard Bratton
Rich Bratton
Oscar Edmonds
Steve Lako
Chris Harkins
Eric Palacio
Scott Gress

Laura Patton?
Fred Switzer?

Up to 24 with A.R., Stoops and I (the other Harness, now number 404)

So how was it decided who got to keep the 47 number?
Cage fight, scrabble game?

I was to slow and didn’t want to pay for a number so a Spec 944 ended up w/ #47.

I’m used to assigned parking areas with good access to power. What’s the deal at Barber? How might we park together in a paddock area that has some power plug ins? Parking together is a big deal in the amount of paddock bonding that goes on. Besides, if you’re not near me, you’re not near the grill. And beer. Yes, that’s right. Not near me, not near the beer. And girls. Yes, that’s right, that too. Not near me, not near the girls.

25 of us now. 46 in Blitz, 48 in Lightning and 51 in Thunder. That’s almost 150 racers signed up >2 weeks before the event. Dang, that’s like the good ol’ days.

Hoshymandy
Ben Andrews
Scott Knott
Julio Palacio
Chuck Taylor
Robert Patton
Brian Edmonds
Jared Stoops
John Clark
Al K
Sandro Espinosa
Chris Tuttel
Alan Garner
Ryan Whitinger
Matt Harness
Michael Harness
David Walsh
Jon Stroup
Richard Bratton
Rich Bratton
Scott Gress
Oscar Edmonds
Steve Lako
Chris Harkins
Eric Palacio

Scott, power at Barber is only available on the second and third levels directly above timing and scoring. First come/first serve. Poles are generally reserved for 50a service, but you can get 20a or 30a from the same pole.

Ah so. Then it would be good find out if there’s any SpecE30’s going to the Friday track day, and have them try to seize and hold some prime realestate.

Also, who is going to show up at Barber relatively early Friday? Like before 6PM?

Edit: Dad and I will be there THURSDAY. Heard a rumor about assigned parking though? Is that true?

The NASA-SE Supps says assigned parking. I posted at NASA forums earlier this morning trying to get the scoop on that. In the SE we’re pretty used to assigned parking, but it’s only a partial success. When it works well it’s awesome because all the SpecE30’s park tightly together and much bonding occurs.

On many occasions I’ve had to shoo others out of our assigned area. I hate doing that because it aggravates the other race classes and no one wants to be the hard-ass. Few of those out-of-class types are so self-actualized that they take kindly to being shown the parking map that they didn’t bother to note.

Jim Pantas made us some signs that say “SpecE30 Parking” that I take to each event.

If they do end up publishing some assigned parking map, I think it’s going to fail. Mid-S folks won’t read it because they aren’t used to the idea of having to look for a parking map. SE folks won’t read it because they are used to knowing where they are supposed to park at the SE events, and therefore they don’t look for parking maps either. Best we can do is hope for prime realestate on the map and try to shoo out interlopers.

There is a parking map for Barber, on the last page of the schedule. Jim has taken down the schedule for the time being, but the map is on page 2 of this link: http://nasa-se.com/pdf/skeds/2014Feb15.pdf

To call the parking map “assigned” is wishful thinking at it’s fanciest. Even calling it a “suggestion” yields guffaws or anger, depending on whom you are talking to.

Got it. Thanks Chuck.

Ok, we have good spot that apparently has power. Now we have to figure out who’s going to be there early and motivate them to be parking Nazi’s.

I’ll be there either late Thurs or EARLY Friday and will have some big-ass rolls of warning tape that say something like “underground utilities” or “buried fiber-optic” or similar. I’ll try to get our area marked off and defend it.

Matt

I’ll be there Thursday evening.

Will be there Friday mid morning to get tech setup if I can get in.

The word I got was nobody will be let in until 3PM.

Tech will open at 3pm I hope.

Aren’t you crewing for the test day? Hint, Hint

Me crewing? Sorry, but there’s no way I can get an extra day. Neither home boss nor work boss takes kindly to me heading off over the horizon with the race car in tow. I’m on thin ice 12 months a year.

I will definitely be there as early as I can be to get the car annual teched. I will be “crewing” for someone before 3PM. hint hint