Attn: Midwest Club Racers

Hopefully this isn’t viewed in a negative way, I realize this is a NASA forum, but in the same light this event doesn’t conflict with any NASA events and has no intention of “stealing” customers. I just want to let you all know about a great weekend put on by another sanctioning body that you all have the oppurtunity to attend.

As always in the late part of October, Chicagoland Sports Car Club Sanctioned by Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs puts on That Loooong Race!

This annual event, hosted on October 20th & 21st is now in its 42nd year has been a staple of the Council’s schedule every year. It’s the midwest’s last oppurtunity to get on track and have a great time running a mini Enduro for a great value. (OVER 2HRS of track time for $240)

Below is the link to the event flyer with all pertinent information and contacts:

http://myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmE...event_id=12915

MCSCC recognizes all major racing licenses so cross overs should be no issue. We have a multitude of classes that will pick up any and all NASA, BMWCCA, or recognized vintage orginaztions.

All spectators and crew are admitted FREE!

There are also plenty of activities for kids and families alike.

So I know there is beginning to be quite a midwest SpecE30 following, why not come compete on a track that NASA didn’t run this year and have a fun exhibition with your peers rather than park that car for the winter early!?

Come one come all!

I’ve always heard good things about this race, but have never been able to attend (and won’t this year). Good luck!

Tim is a good dude and racer, If I wasnt out of everything including cash, Id of course be in line to race him! If anyone is around, its a great event.

The link appears to be broken. Trying to dig my way through MAE’s website.

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventList.Show?psclub_id=34

Found it. I thought the moniker “That Loooong Race” was supposed to be a joke. What class would we fall into?

Last I checked, Our cars do not directly drop into one of their classes. When I have run with Council, I have run in “UNR” which is a unrestricted class which doesnt conflict with anyones points/etc. I run with whatever group has “ITS” because that is what the car is closest in relation. The long race is fun, a lot of running, need a stop for fuel etc.

Oh, man. Just looked up BHF. Another 6 hour jaunt in the Cuisinart. Not too sure about this one.

Understandable if your tow is over the top.

You will enjoy the weekend - I promise, MCSCC also has rates locked in with area hotels if you need a place to stay on the cheap.

As far as classes, Tom is correct - you can run UNR with Group 5 on Sunday. You could also run UNR or ST1 with the big production group on Saturday.

We’ll get you in a class - no issue there.

Let me know if you’re coming and if you have any other questions. My gmail wasn’t syncing with my phone for some reason unless I manually checked gmail - so I didnt catch the posts on here. I’ll frequent the board this week a bit more incase any questions come up.

That’s the issue. I’m a total cheapskate. I don’t tow. The car is currently making every effort to shake itself into a mechanical slurry with every mile hence the Cusinart moniker. Lord knows how it’s come this far. Probably unless I find some way to impart some miraculous cure between now and Friday night I’m probably out.

I’m out of everything but debt right now.