ATE mounting brackets

Does anyone know where to get a set of ate mounting brackets for the front? Or does anyone have an extra set they would be willing to sell?

turner motorsports sells the calipers w/ brackets.

I probably have a set under the bench at home. They came on a set of reman calipers, but I can’t think of any reason I need to keep a spare set. I’ll check tonight and let you know.

Matt

I got the re-manufactured calipers from Turner, but they did not come with the brackets and I couldn’t find them on their website. I’ll give them a call tomorrow to see if have them.

Matt, If you do have a set you’d be willing to sell, please let me know. This is the last thing keeping me from driving the car right now.

I might have another set of brackets from my various ATE caliper aquisitions after destroying pistons in them. I will check when I get home as I know I just sold a set to someone on here not long ago.

I need a set of ATE mounting brackets also. If anyone has a set after FDV99 gets fixed up then please let me know. It’s looking like Turner doesn’t include them with the calipers.

That’s too bad about Turner. That’s where I got mine from earlier in the year.

It may just be a hit or miss thing with Turner depending on what cores they have at the time. I usually tend to get the “miss” side of things.:slight_smile:

Forgot to check last week, but I will be checking again tonight if anyone still needs a set. I have gotten my ATE calipers/brackets either off eBay or from Al.

I do still need a set if anyone has an extra set laying around.

Thanks,
Forrest

I could use a set myself , was wondering if I would get the brackets when I buy the front from TMS . Thanks

Probably not. The easy way to get this sort of thing is either from your local pick n pull, or some kid at bf.c parting out his car.

I’ve been looking around the local pull-a-part’s and haven’t found any recently. Anybody have brackets they are looking to sell?

I recently (~3 months ago) bought a set of front ATE calipers (w/ brackets) from Turner Motorsport. I have a couple serious complaints about whoever is doing the actual rebuilding.

My first issue was that one of the calipers was rebuilt with the wrong height piston! I had brand new Hawk pads to go along with the calipers and was finding it impossible to fit the caliper and pads back on the rotor disc. I got very frustrated and ended up disassembling both calipers only to discover that one of the pistons was 3/16" taller than the other prohibiting installation of my new pads. Luckily, I had a few old calipers with decent pistons in them so I was able to put the correct size piston in.

My second issue is with the bleed screws. I was noticing slight build up of brake fluid on the bottom of my calipers even before I was out on the track. I knew they were snugged up and the pistons seals and lines were not leaking. I did some more investigating with my spare ATE and Girlings and discovered that ATE and Girlings have different bleed screws! The tapered portion that seals with the inside of the caliper has a slightly different taper/angle. Check for yourselves! Of course my ATE calipers from Turner came with Girling bleed screws and this is why I was getting fluid leak/build up on the bottom of my calipers. I installed the correct bleed screws and it seems to have only helped, not fixed, the leak. I’m concerned that the Girling bleed screws ate into the caliper and scored the mating surface prohibiting a proper seal with the ATE bleed screws.

Moral of the story, I would steer clear of Turner for rebuilt ATEs