Appalachian Tire contingency

I talked to Appalachian Tire guys at RA this past weekend, and I talked to their manager today. My objective was to interest them in replacing the Phil’s Tire contingency of $150/weekend. I’d have to say that I’m not sure this is going to work out. I’ve not given up tho.

Another reason why Phil’s tire shouldn’t have backed out so fast. All they had to do was get with Appalachian to see if it was a problem that they have contingency in the Southeast. Phil’s was way to quick to pull the plug on that. I no longer have Phil’s tire stickers on my car because of it.

Any hope in going big time and getting Tirerack as a backer? I know they are scca mostly, but I can dream. That would be better as you can get brakes and tires there.

[quote=“allin” post=80507]Any hope in going big time and getting Tirerack as a backer? I know they are scca mostly, but I can dream. That would be better as you can get brakes and tires there.[/quote]By all means give them a call.

Hey - we did this out of respect for the tire vendor in your region. We wouldn’t want a tire vendor coming into our region and offering a contingency. Think before you go making a broad statement. How do you know we had not consulted with the other tire vendor?

SMH !

Phil

I know because I talked to someone first hand at Phil’s over the phone about this situation. She told me directly that they (Phil’s Tire) haven’t talked to Appalachian about the situation. She also told me during the same phone call that they would discontinue Phil’s contingency in the Southeast. Not so much of a broad statement anymore…thanks for the support in the Mid Atlantic though.

Well Appalachian has/ and had been talked with regarding this issue. They think that the Toyo contingency is more than generous for the Spec E30 crowd…

Just in case you and any others might not know what PTS does for all the Spec Toyo running classes in the US…

PTS is the ONLY Toyo vendor who can redeem Toyo bucks and ships all Toyo tires FREE !!!

This is alone is a significant savings to anyone who takes advantage of the PTS free shipping offer. Coupled with Toyo bucks we see drivers who continually receive tires from PTS without any cash/credit card outlay at all.

Pretty Neat!