Anyone looking for a car????

I am not 100% certain I am selling, but strongly leaning that way. I was going to go SpecE30 racing, but between my oldest kid already being in college, and two girls in HS, soon to be off to college as well, I just dont see racing in the budget. I am instructing now for BMW CCA, so it looks like that is likely what I’ll continue to do for the next few years.

I’ve got an e36 street car that I am considering either for dual purpose, or making into a track car.

Having said all that . . . .

1990 325i 4 door

Sterling Silver over . . . well, as far as interior, it is gutted save for the dash and the seats, which are Corbeau Forzas covered in genuine M Tech Cloth. It has tan interior door panels on the front doors only.

INTERIOR
Custom DTR Performance roll bar with x brace. Rear mounting points are above the rear spring perches, not welded to the flim flammy wheel wells. This can be made into a full cage. Kevin @ DTR has quoted me $1000 to finish it off with X bars for the doors. More for NASCAR bars. The bar obviously complies with SCCA/NASA/BMW CCA specs as far as tubing construction and base plates, etc.

Harnesses are G-Force 6 point camlocks. Passenger side one is good for another year, driver side I think is now expired.

Sunroof is fixed in place with the cassette mechanism removed.

I have some custom gauge plates for the radio and OBC spots, but they are not installed.

Wink 3 panel mirror

Has an M-Tech wheel, but will also include a Momo hub if you want.

Custom Dead pedal.

EXTERIOR

Nothing too fancy here.

IS rear lip
Volvo front spoiler with “aero by VOLVO” decal. :stuck_out_tongue:

BMW Motorsport front Tow Strap

H1/H4 Euro headlights (purchased new in 2010)

Can include the Trailer hitch that I use for my tire trailer.

DRIVETRAIN

Stock M20B25, Bottom end rebuilt in 2008. Has approx 10 weekend HPDE events (most were 3 day) on it.

Ishihara-Johnson Crank Scraper

SpecE30 exhaust

Trans and the 3.73 LSD filled with synthetics

Clutch, pressure plate, etc all new with engine rebuild

All belts, hoses, water pump, etc replaced at rebuild

Magnecor spark plug wires

Power steering delete

AKG Urethane motor and trans mounts

SUSPENSION

Bilstein Sports
H&R Race Springs
Ireland SpecE30 adjustable camber plates
Ireland rear shock mounts
AKG Control Arm Bushings
Ireland Rear subframe bushings
Ireland Trailing arm bushings
Suspension Techniques Spec E30 sway bars
Sparco Front Strut tower brace
Reinforce Front Subframe (AKG kit)

Two sets of 15" wheels with R-Compound Tires
BBS with Toyo RA-1s
TSWs with Hoosier R6s
also:
Bottlecaps with Falken Ziex 512s

The paint is not the greatest. Drivers fender is painted with paintscratch.com paint, as are some touch up areas.

Looks good from a distance.

If I finished the cage and had it painted, I’d be looking at asking about 9k for it as a Spec E30 turn key car.

Car runs well, makes good power. Wish I had a dyno sheet!

In its current state, I’d list it to the public asking 5500 OBO.

But for the right person, I can be flexible on that.

Some pics here:

http://www.photomotiononline.com/orderprints.php?mode=step3&eventId=96&carKeyword=2474&pictureId=229973

So, it would need the cage finished, fire system, battery cutoff, window nets and a seat back brace in order to get a log book. You might want to do more - get a halo seat, etc., but that is what it would need to pass minimum muster.

Not on this board a lot, so you can email me at dcnesq AT fuse DOT net

Thanks!!!

Dave, I’m trying to talk my friend into a SpecE30. He is local. Don’t let this car go without giving me a chance on it first!

You got it. Just let me know.

Car is now listed in the Classifieds.

Thanks!!!

Although I don’t need to sell the car right away, I am somewhat motivated.

Another option that might work for me:

Car as described above, but without the seats/harnesses and trailer hitch $4,000.00 OBO. I figure no one needs the hitch on a true race car, and a buyer will want to get a halo seat and will need a new harness anyway.

Also - I’d note that the clutch was replaced a little over a month ago and its only use was in the instructor sessions at O-Fest last week. Only needed a throwout bearing, but figured "while I am in there . . . " I’ll include the lightly used clutch disc and pressure place that were removed and are still usable.

FWIW,

I looked at this car while at O’fest last week (I was only there part of Thursday afternoon and Friday morning or I would have looked you up.) I watched a session or two when it was on the track.

It did look and sound strong and I think Dave’s description here is pretty accurate.

I looked up under it and it looked to me like it had ride height adjustable spring plates. Is that correct? Those would have to be replaced to spec legal.

Anyway, bump for a good looking starter car for someone.

Don

Dave is including the spec suspension with the car.

CAR IS SOLD

To who? Where’s it going?