Anyone have an old brake line?

I’m going to be rebuilding some calipers and I need an old brake line so that I can connect it to the caliper and then use compressed air to push the pistons out. I have eight calipers (four on the car and four spares) that I want to do so attaching them all to the car so push out the piston would take a really long time. I only need a few inches of line plus the fitting that screws in to the caliper.

Blow gun tip for your air compressor line+rag+block of wood=done

No brake line needed

[quote=“MrDomino” post=71197]I’m going to be rebuilding some calipers and I need an old brake line so that I can connect it to the caliper and then use compressed air to push the pistons out. I have eight calipers (four on the car and four spares) that I want to do so attaching them all to the car so push out the piston would take a really long time. I only need a few inches of line plus the fitting that screws in to the caliper.[/quote]I used an old brake line for this exact same thing. I pulled it off of a parts car I was dismantling. You could get a brake line from you local picknpull pretty easily. Just take a propane torch to loosen up the old brakeline fasteners.

Why? I’ve even done 4 piston Brembo’s with no brake line needed. It helps if the blow gun has a rubber tip but I’ve done it without as well.

I’m with Jeremy, the blow gun rubber tip makes short work of this job. Just keep your fingers clear…

Jeremy has THE ANSWER !

Fish, why didn’t you think of that?

RP

I’m a little slow, just not on the race track. You better be working on your race craft; I’ll be home from Afghanistan soon!

I was planning on using a bike pump since I don’t have an air compressor.

Home Depot, 2-gallon compressor unit on sale for about $90.

Did you get ahold of any brake lines? I checked my spares pile I have quite a few.