Anybody need diff plates? (order pending)

I’m getting ready to do another order of diff rebuild plates.

$55 per friction plate, $20 per non-friction 4130 hardened dog ring plate
Your diff has 2 of each. If you’ve replaced your non-friction plates once before, supposedly you can flip them and use them again but I’ve never tried that myself.

I’m going to place my order the first week of March so please get in touch with me if you want to add on to what I’m ordering.

PM Sent

Just cleaning the crap out of this case and need something to put it back together.

Guys, ordering this week on Wens.

I have requests from FishMan, Zimmerman, KingTut, and Peerless. If I’ve left off your name let me know.

Jeremy

Paid orders shipping tomorrow.

You going to order another round? I’d like to get a set, as I have a diff that needs rebuilt. Bearings and all…

Based on my conversation with him yesterday, Robert (aka Peerless) at E30 Motor Werks is going to pick this up as a regular item since it’s relavant for his business and offer it with seals and other extra parts for those that need them (replacement allen head pumpkin bolts, etc…).

I did order 1 extra set with this batch so I can help you with just the plates, I don’t stock any other pieces. Just email me at jeremy at fasttechlimited.com

Guys, ordering another batch let me know ASAP if you need some.

Yes! Please put me down for another set.

[quote]Based on my conversation with him yesterday, Robert (aka Peerless) at E30 Motor Werks is going to pick this up as a regular item since it’s relavant for his business and offer it with seals and other extra parts for those that need them (replacement allen head pumpkin bolts, etc…).
[/quote]

I lost the contact information from the original seller of the diff plates so I was never able to fully pursue setting up diff kits.

Unfortunately I can’t get any right now. My diff guy is out of inventory and preoccupied with other projects in the short term.

:frowning:

[quote=“jlucas” post=73691]Unfortunately I can’t get any right now. My diff guy is out of inventory and preoccupied with other projects in the short term.

:([/quote]

Any chance your diff guy can source the plates for a 4:10 LDS SMALL case diff or do you know if another source? Not sure if the plates for the small case are the same as for the medium case.

Thanks for any help/info.

Already replied by email to Russell but for future reference:

My diff guy doesn’t have plates for the small case but says the factory part number should be 33141203806 (double check of course) and last he checked still available. If you’ve never rebuilt that diff before you can flip the non-friction plates for one rebuild. There are 3 oem part numbers for that non-friction plate (each a different nominal thickness), you can measure the one that comes out or just order the thickest one 33141203805 (which if it’s a track car, that is what I would do).

Rebuild instructions that I used (I assume same for 4.10).
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzfkUgART_B4OTgzMWMyNTgtNTYyZC00ZDA3LTkxODItNmY5MGE5ZWM0ZDhj/edit?authkey=CNS-1ssO&pli=1

Hope that helps!

Any plans to order another batch?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2933&mospid=47175&btnr=33_0029&hg=33&fg=15&hl=10

This link should be for the small case LSD.

So the inner disk (item 9) can be reused by flipping once? I’ll look to order two of the thickest outer disk at 2.1mm.

Does anyone have a source where to procure these?

I will if he tells me they are available again.

I’m installing the subframe and dif in my car soon. I’d like to set the dif in there with new clutches. I’m interested in a group purchase.

Can the dif in these cars be pulled without dropping the subframe?

Ray

[quote=“Rayprato” post=74740]I’m installing the subframe and dif in my car soon. I’d like to set the dif in there with new clutches. I’m interested in a group purchase.

Can the dif in these cars be pulled without dropping the subframe? [/quote]

a) not going to happen anytime soon
b) yes