Another Noob in FL

Hi Everyone!

I’ve joined the E30 Forum in anticipation of move to a Spec E30 soon. I’ve been looking at this for a little while and trying to decide to buy or build a car. After lots of input and thoughts, I think I’m going to buy one and work from there.

While new to the E30 crowd, I’ve been around motorsports for a few years now. I currently run a yellow MR2 Spyder in FL Region during the HPDE sessions and was considering moving into TT with the car. I’ve been running the car for about 3 1/2 years now in autocross and track events and think it’s time to move on. While I may TT the new car, my goal would be to move into wheel to wheel.

Looks like a few other folks here in FL. I’m in S FL (West Palm Beach area).

Looking froward to getting a car getting on the track with it!

Shawn

Welcome to the site. Will you be at Sebring in October?

That’s my plan. My focus is NASA events, then others, so I’m 95% sure I’ll be there. I should have the E30 and have it (mostly) sorted by then.

Very cool. I will be there, and hopefully racing SpecE30, but I might do TTE instead depending on the car count.

BTW - Saw pictures of your car on your website, love the blue and yellow! Was thinking of doing something similar…Go Navy!

Well, I’ve made a decision on a car and looking froward to getting going with it. I’m going to be picking up the car next week from Travis Wilson. The #800 will be getting a new home down here in S FL. It won’t be long before it’s back on the track down here.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at upcoming events!

Very cool.

[quote=“TrackRat” post=58409]Well, I’ve made a decision on a car and looking froward to getting going with it. I’m going to be picking up the car next week from Travis Wilson. The #800 will be getting a new home down here in S FL. It won’t be long before it’s back on the track down here.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at upcoming events![/quote]

We’ve got to have to talk to Travis. Every 2 years he gets out and sells his car. Then builds another one and gets back in. Gotta be exhausting.

As long as you speak with him after I pick up the car… :lol:

Hey Shawn,

Welcome to Spec E30…I have seen your MR2 many times at the track and have noticed that you drive it well.

Check out the FL section below for some details about who we are and what is going on.

Do you plan to run the car at PBIR in Sept?

Don

Thanks Don! The MR2 has ben a great car and lots of fun to drive, but I just felt like it was time to move on to something else and SE30 is it.

I plan to be at PBIR and Sebring with the car, as long as I get the engine swap done in time. I am also going to tr to make a couple of other events if I can (Chin and Ooked on Driving).

Planning on getting the car Tuesday this week, so I’ll keep everyone posted. (Travis has been great to work with so far!)

Just a quick update - made it back with the car last night! I’ll start in on the car this weekend…engine swap, seat move, clutch/flywheel, etc…

[quote=“Ranger” post=58425]
We’ve got to have to talk to Travis. Every 2 years he gets out and sells his car. Then builds another one and gets back in. Gotta be exhausting.[/quote]

Swapped emails with Travis to give him an update on the car. Guess what! He’s going in with someone to start building another SE30 and run some events!

Well, that didn’t take long!