Aero

Ranger wrote:

[quote]It’s confusing to think of the sway bar as a spring.
[/quote]
Don’t take it from me, take it from Wikipedia.

A sway bar (also stabilizer bar, anti-sway bar, roll bar, or anti-roll bar, ARB ) is an automobile suspension device. It connects opposite (left/right) wheels together through short lever arms linked by a torsion spring. A sway bar increases the suspension’s roll stiffness - its resistance to roll in turns, independent of its spring rate in the vertical direction.

Steve D wrote:

[quote]Ranger wrote:

[quote]It’s confusing to think of the sway bar as a spring.
[/quote]
Don’t take it from me, take it from Wikipedia.

A sway bar (also stabilizer bar, anti-sway bar, roll bar, or anti-roll bar, ARB ) is an automobile suspension device. It connects opposite (left/right) wheels together through short lever arms linked by a torsion spring. A sway bar increases the suspension’s roll stiffness - its resistance to roll in turns, independent of its spring rate in the vertical direction.[/quote]

Sure, it’s a torsion bar, but it’s still confusing to think of it as a spring. When a person starts talking about a sway bar as a spring it’s easy to get confused about the interaction of a sway bar and the car’s coil springs.

For me, it’s more simple to think of a sway bar as simply resisting roll by lifting the inside tire and pressing down the outside tire. The extent of the resisting being a function of the stiffness of the bar.

Your tires have spring rate too.

Sway bar/no sway, aero/no areo…
Hire Skeen or White and find out what the car will really do.
For me: I don’t want to be embarrased that badly.

RP

dmwhite wrote:

[quote]Ranger wrote:

and there will ALWAYS be a need/demand for that in racing! ;)[/quote]

Look what I found on my way home tonight.

Scott, email me…had to reformat “C” and lost all info. Chuck

Great Beer… silly name :stuck_out_tongue: