949 Racing Spec E30 wheels

Like you said - looks like they put some thought into these!

Great write-up.

Very sharp looking wheels, bonus made in the US. Is the photo the actual available color?

Age wrote:

I do not believe so. When I was talking to the gentleman that has designed and created these wheels, he has decided to make them a darker gray since he saw trends in what BMW guys like. I can’t wait to get a set of these cool new wheels…:silly:

grydemon wrote:

[quote]Age wrote:

I do not believe so. When I was talking to the gentleman that has designed and created these wheels, he has decided to make them a darker gray since he saw trends in what BMW guys like. I can’t wait to get a set of these cool new wheels…:silly:[/quote]

Yes, I have been told they will be made in gray. Again, a manufacturer listening to his customers.

do we know that 10mm offset will not rub?
thanks,
bruce

Good question Bruce. In MA, some folks run 20mm spacers with 25et wheels with no rubbing, however, I know many have rolled the fenders; I believe the rear fenders are most vulnerable to rubbing, especially on the later coupes.
Ed

I believe that this wheels offset is designed so it will fit without rubbing.

I will double check.

They have been tested…no rubbing !!!

good stuff, thanks

anyone got a picture of these on a SE30? just curious how the whole ensemble will mesh :slight_smile:

These wheels are very popular in miata world. They have been out for about two years and proven to be of a high quality and design.

I have seen these wheels in person and they look much better than the pictures. Actually they are too nice to be used for racing duty.

Update…

Wheels have been ordered. Will be in by July. I have 10 sets left for Spec E30.

Thanks, Phil

hears the list of stuff the car has any opinion would be great
1987 325is 2.5 litre 6 5 speed Grey
~ Koni Single Adj struts
~ Ground Control Coil Overs
~ Ireland Engineering Camber Plates
~ Ireland Engineering Fr / Rr Strut braces
~ Headers into 2.5 inch exhaust
~ Power Slot Rotors
~ Hawk HP Pads
~ Chipped
~ Tuner FX race seats w/G Force belts
~ Borbet 16x9.5 wheels
~ 245/45/16 A6 Hoosiers in very good shape.
~ Newer clutch
~ Very good condition overall. Could use some minor body work and a good buffing. The sunroof panel is tack welded closed and the headliner is loose on the rear sail panels

sorry guys wrong forum

update:

949 Racing Spec E30 wheels will be arriving early August. Keep those orders coming for the premier Spec E30 wheel…:woohoo:

Unless I am missing something, the 949 6UL wheel appears to be illegal in Spec E30 racing.

Rule 9.3.9.3. states that any wheel used in competition “…must be a minimum of thirteen (13) pounds.”

949’s site clearly states that their wheels weigh 11.4 lbs.

949’s listing for 6UL wheels

This wheel doesn’t exist anymore

That’s odd…it shows it is in stock on their website. :huh:

There are very few left and the offset is +36. Not good for E30 anyway. There will be a new generation next year. It won’t be E30 legal though because it still will be lighter than 13 lbs.

That’s too bad…:frowning:

Good looking wheel.