949 Racing Spec E30 wheels

Hello everyone…

We are the 949 Racing wheel distributor for the East Coast and Midwest. If you haven’t heard of 949 Racing Wheels, check them out at http://www.949racing.com/ A very nice product at a nice price too. Quality and a perfect fit for your Spec E30. These wheels will be made to specifically fit a Spec E30. 15x7 +10mm offset and hub centric. Weight would be 13.1 lbs. They would be in gray only. Price would be $149 per wheel plus freight. They would be trucked in so the freight would be low. I could and would, deliver them to any event that we do for no additional charge except for the original truck freight or could ship them directly to you at an additional cost. The wheels would be manufactured in June and delivered in early August. These wheels will surely become the premier race wheel for Spec E30.

The wheels would have to be prepaid. Freight would be paid upon delivery. To make this work we need 20 sets ordered.

If you are interested and would like to place an order,call us at PhilsTireService 845-647-7407 or 845-494-9911.

Wow, something made it the USA! What a novel concept. I’d buy them just for that reason.

John

Hi,
What do you base the ‘far superior’ comment on?
thanks,
bruce

Are the 2 valve stems per wheel an option like the wheel in your picture?

:slight_smile:

I’d be interested in how they are superior to the Team Dynamice Pro Race 1.2 - the only thing I’d like to see different on those wheels in a 10mm difference in offset.

Here is one reason why this is a more superior wheel. This statement, below in quotes, is from the gentleman who builds these wheels. On a side note…just think about it. Is anyone from any other wheel manufacturer catering to such a small segment of the US amateur racing community, like he is? Hey, I know, it’s our small segment…I’m a racer, I know how it works too. My observation to all this is …he cares and interested enough to pay attention to the class needs.

“The wheel it’s based on weight 11.4 lbs so the extra mass to meet the 13 lb minimum is almost all in the hub. Like the Spec Miata version, I added about .5mm to the outer rim from the drop center out to the inner bead to help it take curb hits even better than the 15x8. This is trying to find that fine line with super low MOI without being too fragile but also not overbuilding the wheel so much that it rolls like a tank”.

Now here is a guy that, has and is, putting thought in to his product.

As far as the offset, it has been corrected in the original post. I was given the wrong info and both myself and the manufacturer apologize.

jblack wrote:

[quote]Are the 2 valve stems per wheel an option like the wheel in your picture?

:slight_smile:

I believe the two valve stem openings is standard.

another plus…

Like you said - looks like they put some thought into these!

Great write-up.

Very sharp looking wheels, bonus made in the US. Is the photo the actual available color?

Age wrote:

I do not believe so. When I was talking to the gentleman that has designed and created these wheels, he has decided to make them a darker gray since he saw trends in what BMW guys like. I can’t wait to get a set of these cool new wheels…:silly:

grydemon wrote:

[quote]Age wrote:

I do not believe so. When I was talking to the gentleman that has designed and created these wheels, he has decided to make them a darker gray since he saw trends in what BMW guys like. I can’t wait to get a set of these cool new wheels…:silly:[/quote]

Yes, I have been told they will be made in gray. Again, a manufacturer listening to his customers.

do we know that 10mm offset will not rub?
thanks,
bruce

Good question Bruce. In MA, some folks run 20mm spacers with 25et wheels with no rubbing, however, I know many have rolled the fenders; I believe the rear fenders are most vulnerable to rubbing, especially on the later coupes.
Ed

I believe that this wheels offset is designed so it will fit without rubbing.

I will double check.

They have been tested…no rubbing !!!

good stuff, thanks

anyone got a picture of these on a SE30? just curious how the whole ensemble will mesh :slight_smile:

These wheels are very popular in miata world. They have been out for about two years and proven to be of a high quality and design.

I have seen these wheels in person and they look much better than the pictures. Actually they are too nice to be used for racing duty.

Update…

Wheels have been ordered. Will be in by July. I have 10 sets left for Spec E30.

Thanks, Phil

hears the list of stuff the car has any opinion would be great
1987 325is 2.5 litre 6 5 speed Grey
~ Koni Single Adj struts
~ Ground Control Coil Overs
~ Ireland Engineering Camber Plates
~ Ireland Engineering Fr / Rr Strut braces
~ Headers into 2.5 inch exhaust
~ Power Slot Rotors
~ Hawk HP Pads
~ Chipped
~ Tuner FX race seats w/G Force belts
~ Borbet 16x9.5 wheels
~ 245/45/16 A6 Hoosiers in very good shape.
~ Newer clutch
~ Very good condition overall. Could use some minor body work and a good buffing. The sunroof panel is tack welded closed and the headliner is loose on the rear sail panels

sorry guys wrong forum