2016 schedule

I’m usually the last to get any gossip, but here’s what I’ve heard about the 2016 schedule. Others, more in the know, might chime in with corrections or additional info.

1. Our first event is likely to be Roebling in late Jan. This is almost certainly going to be warmer than CMP in early Feb, RR being 30min from the ocean. Sometimes Savannah in January is pretty darn mild.

2. We are likely to have no event in July and Aug. Mostly what is driving this is that participation #'s during the hottest months is kinda low. We get pretty good SpecE30s fields at those events, but we’re more motivated then most folks. We are, of course, also better looking and funnier.

I am hoping that SE SpecE30s coord together to all descend on some out of region events in July and/or Aug. Imagine the fun if we all went together. Heck, maybe we could really go over the top and do something far away like COTA or Road America.

1. It is likely that Charlotte Motor Speedway will be on the 2016 schedule, but not Daytona. If the latter is on your bucket list, this Oct may be your last chance. Both are brutally expensive to rent so it might not happen every year.

2. You can expect the usual Dec opportunity to get a big discount on 2016 events. What drives that, as I understand it, is that Jim has to put down 10’s of thousands of dollars to reserve our track dates. So w/o an influx of cash in Dec, he’d be looking at selling the kids for medical experiments to come up with the cash.

3. I’ve not heard anything about Barber or VIR on our calendar. Personally, I’d love to do them both.