2012-02-11/12 Infineon

Not Poppy…Scoot don’t like rain…because Scoot don’t like to do body work!

Senior McPoppy - here’s the latest from one of my atmospheric scientist buddies. How close is it?

Models lookin’ much better today. Consistent from run to run, which we would expect so close to Saturday/Sunday. I like rain best early Saturday 6-10 am window. Rain chances get better the farther south you are in the Bay Area. It’s a little dicey- some models put the jet over top of you, some put it over Big Sur. Not a big diff as far as models go, but important to you. :wink:

I’m going with the more southerly flow for today, so I minimize your chances of big rain, except for Saturday morn. It gets colder, windier as the weekend goes on, and Sunday night you could get hit on your way home. Maybe a little earlier as the races wrap up, but I doubt it. Winds from the north, northwest, depending on the topography of the track surroundings, which I forget. Look for windier conditions Sat afternoon and Sunday.

[quote=“BW Jim” post=63323]Senior McPoppy - here’s the latest from one of my atmospheric scientist buddies. How close is it?

Models lookin’ much better today. Consistent from run to run, which we would expect so close to Saturday/Sunday. I like rain best early Saturday 6-10 am window. Rain chances get better the farther south you are in the Bay Area. It’s a little dicey- some models put the jet over top of you, some put it over Big Sur. Not a big diff as far as models go, but important to you. :wink:

I’m going with the more southerly flow for today, so I minimize your chances of big rain, except for Saturday morn. It gets colder, windier as the weekend goes on, and Sunday night you could get hit on your way home. Maybe a little earlier as the races wrap up, but I doubt it. Winds from the north, northwest, depending on the topography of the track surroundings, which I forget. Look for windier conditions Sat afternoon and Sunday.[/quote]

His forecast is spot on, so it looks 50/50 for a chance of showers. I think I will defer to The Shoe for Saturday’s weather and tire choice since weather is critical in flying . I’d love to see him stick his head out the window at 4000ft and take his hat. Shoe where are you???

BTM don’t worry I have my rains ready to go, looking to be on your tail or better…

at 4000 feet i can see the weather even better. And yes my head will tell me the weather on Saturday morning.

Headed up about 11:00 AM see you all soon. Lets have some fun!:slight_smile:

Rain or shine makes no matter to me! I am just stoked to be starting a new racing season!!!

Shoe did you take your check ride today?

will be there about 3 this afternoon, someone make sure to leave a big spot for the giant rig please B)

Congrats to the opening weekend winners, Lorenzo and Stevo! Hard fought wins. From twentieth place they looked well deserved.

Congrats to 2011 Rookie of the year DJ for his first Podium!

Sorry to see the loss of a championship car, but very happy to see Robert walk away! Great safety gear once again proves its worth and another well engineered BMW gives up its life in the protection of it’s owner. From 50 yds back, I thought for sure we were going to see a Helicopter arriving. I hope you are feeling OK today Robert.

The field is ridiculously good! I fought incredibily hard for 16th on Sat and 11th on Sunday. You guys are amazing.

Thanks to Matt and Rick Row for getting me back on Track.

Thanks to Jerry and his dedicated crew for putting on a great event! Bring back the supersize for GTS, please, you’ll gather a few extra bucks too.

Scott “Scoot” Neville, NorCal Region Series Director and Kevin Nichols of Nichols Wealth Management, Inc. present the 2011 NASA NorCal Spec E30 Championship Jackets to BTM Motorwerks.

Over 40 racers contested the season Championship, frequently over 30 drivers took to the grid, and BTM came out on top. Congratulations Boys!

[attachment=1778]IMG_0638.JPG[/attachment]

Brad McClure and Andy Chittum of BTM Motorwerks, deserving 2011 NASA NorCal Spec E30 Champions!!!

[attachment=1779]IMG_0640.JPG[/attachment]
Brad says “SWEET!” Andy says, “Can I go to the restroom now?”

Kevin;
Thanks again for the Championship Jacket. I wore it all day showing it to all of my customers. Yea, I proud of this jacket. I can’t wait to gat another one at the end of the season. :laugh:

Serious though, I think I going to have to step it up a bit. We all just keep getting faster and faster.

Robert, hope your doing OK.

I got a video up on you tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyJxFyX4D1A&feature=youtu.be The editing isn’t so good. This was my 1st video.

you spelled my name wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

The BTM Blog for the weekend is up!

http://btmmotorwerksracing.blogspot.com/2012/02/chilly-damp-february-morning-met-28.html

Enjoy!

oop’s. Sorry about that . I did that Sunday night after the race.

Nice write up Andy. Would have been better only if I was included! :slight_smile:

Enjoyed the video Brad. Nice job keeping it together when you get bumped entering turn 2. What a finish!

Hopefully I can get the remaining maladies of my car remedied and visit you all up front.

I will post my Saturday video on Vimeo tonight. It will give you a view of the racing back in the cheap seats.

Cheers!

Here is my Saturday “Mid Pack” race. Sadly I forgot to start my camera on Sunday.

http://vimeo.com/37025112

Here is Lorenzo’s Sunday “Front Pack” race.

http://vimeo.com/36921892

i can’t get my videos to upload to vimeo, but as soon as i do i will let everyone know

I had the same problem gave up and put it on streetfire.

ok Sundays Video is up. I didn’t get a chance to edit the middle out with the full course yellow, so you may need to do some fast forwarding

https://vimeo.com/37093530

EDIT: Saturday is also up now

Thank you all for posting the vids!