2010 FL Racing

Hi guys!
Happy New Year of SpecE30 racing!

So how are those new builds coming? I know they’re lurking out there :slight_smile: Any of you “in progress” guys going to make it out to play with us this year? Sure hope so… as the group has grown, the racing has gotten better and better B) And with more of us out there, the better the Hawk and Toyo contingencies are (I think I had enough Toyo Bucks to pick up a free RA1 last fall… woot!)

Here are a few words from our fearless leaders at NASA Florida on the new (to us) 2 group race format we’ll be using this year:

[i]NASA FL racers will divided into 2 run groups with separate races based on NASA car classes that share most comparable speed capablilites as noted below.
Thunder Group: AI, AIX, CMC, FFR, ST1, ST2, SU, GTS 3-4-5-U, PTA B-R-U
Lightning Group: PTC-D-E-F, SM, 944 Cup, Spec E-30, HC, SF, STR2, GTS 1-2, TR

This change will eliminate the huge speed differences of all race classes in the same race groups and create more competition and actually safer conditions. With this change we can return to using the high banks 3-4 track configuaration for the race groups at Homestead events. In addition we are offering Friday night trailer drops to accomodate the race group needs. We’ve also lowered racer weekend entry fees significantly as a result of this new scheduling format. Racer entry fee is now only $298 for a weekend compared to fees that were in the range of $398-$400.[/i]

Sounds good to me… lower entry fees and not having to strain my neck looking for those crazy sport racers in my mirror! And trailer drop off will be an awesome perk too. It should make it a lot easier for us to get garages or paddock space by one another.

I’ve been asked to remind you guys that the 2009 Comp Licenses expired today, so don’t forget to renew your license for 2010 before your next event (and don’t forget the 2010 annual inspection for the car logbook as well :wink: )

Here’s the 2010 schedule for anyone that hasn’t penciled these dates in their calendar yet:

Jan 9-10, 2010
Homestead-Miami Speedway
Registration open NOW!
*2009 Season Race & TT Awards presentation
*First event to earn points in the 2010 Season for NASA FL Racers and Time Trial drivers.

April 24-25, 2010
Palm Beach International Raceway

May 22-23, 2010
Homestead-Miami Speedway

June 19-20, 2010
Sebring International Raceway
Full 3.7 mile course

Sept 4-5, 2010 (Labor Day Weekend)
Palm Beach Int’nl Raceway

October 2-3, 2010
Sebring International Raceway
Full 3.7 mile course

Nov. 6-7, 2010
Homestead-Miami Speedway

Dec 4-5, 2010
Palm Beach International Raceway
2010 NASA FL Season Finale
This is the last event to earn season points in the 2010 NASA FL regional sprint race & TT class championship series.

Hope to see you guys out on the track SOON!

thats really cool with the lower prices and split groups! my goal is to get the car on track before summer time might not be ina race group but as long as i get to hit the track im happy! then ill get it inspected and install a transponder

I will be looking to rent a car and run some SE30 events, both in Florida and in other regions. Great series. Look forward to seeing hopefully quite a few of you out there.

-Scott

Scott,

The DriveGear team will be at Sebring this Thursday and Friday. You should stop by and see them about renting an E30 if you’re thinking about other regions.

Contact Andrew at az@drive-gear.com

Bob