0 Oil Presure

ah ok, i’ll be at lime rock with bmw club else i’d come to that one.

kishg wrote:

You are monitoring your OP in long hard turns how?

camera

kishg wrote:

If your camera is on a mechanical gauge, that could work pretty well. Electrical gauges have a lot buffering tho. The gauge responds slowly. Might work, might not, I dunno. What did you observe before the Poore pan?

Kish, you’re a fellow geek…For christ’s sake get a data logger.

lol… i got a traqmate but i haven’t bothered to hook up the inputs yet. i will, someday, not so sure there’s a huge delay in the electrical gauges though. do you mean the sender responds but the gauge won’t? why would that be the case? i’m using VDO gauges right now but will likely switch to the spa dual digital ones this winter. before the PP pan i was having my warning light come on at times unless i ran a qt over.

On the topic of oil pumps, I broke the stoppers (part number 11 in the picture) when I removed my pump. Are they important?

They are cheap, get a couple from your dealer.

They are anti-rattle washers and have no use on a race car.:laugh: CB

kishg wrote:

Start your engine your engine with cold oil so OP is high. Then disconnect your gauge and watch how slowly it goes down. I often have 2 sensors going to one gauge via a double throw (On-Off-On) switch. So I can flip to the other sensor or to nothing at all. The gauge takes a couple seconds to drop to 0. The response is long enough that a 1-2sec loss of OP could look like noise.

It’s a gauge issue, not a sensor issue. The gauges are “buffered”. Probably because of a perception that consumers don’t like rapid gauge movements.

Not saying that your camera idea is without merit. It’s just something to think about. Response time is one of the charms of a mechanical OP gauge.

I’m so happy with my mechanical OP gauge that now it’s my only OP gauge. That’s saying a lot for the guy that used to have 3 OP sensors. And still has two 3 oil temp sensors, and two coolant sensors. That doesn’t include sensors connected to the data logger, of course.

Of course.

rofl, i can’t believe you reduced the number of gauges in the cockpit.