The lost secret bosch knowledge!

I have not looked, but do the rear wheels have individual speed sensors for the ABS? I know on some older cars, the speed sensor in the diff was used to figure out whether the wheels were locking.

Yes, the sensors are in the wheels.

Foglight, Congrats on Nationals. I know it ended poorly but you put on a great show.

There is a speed sensor at each wheel. The ABS on these cars has four sense channels and three activation channels (each front wheel and both rear wheels).

Ok, so disconnecting that sensor won’t temporarily disable the ABS sounds like…

Thanks Scott. Anthony put on the best show. I will post about that in another thread.

[quote=“Foglght” post=68351]Ok, so disconnecting that sensor won’t temporarily disable the ABS sounds like…

Thanks Scott. Anthony put on the best show. I will post about that in another thread.[/quote]
Disconnecting any sensor will disable ABS.

[quote=“jlevie” post=68353][quote=“Foglght” post=68351]Ok, so disconnecting that sensor won’t temporarily disable the ABS sounds like…

Thanks Scott. Anthony put on the best show. I will post about that in another thread.[/quote]
Disconnecting any sensor will disable ABS.[/quote]
Under the right conditions a good sneeze will disable ABS.

I’m going to try a race with it disabled next year. It has been working like a champ all season.

If you disconnect the sensor at the diff, good luck getting over 3500 RPM. DME is not happy. :slight_smile:

That only applies to some, late, DME’s. A 153 or 173 could care less.

I’ve got a 173 which it applies to. :wink: