Summit Point '09- one more time!

The funny part was that my using 10:45 was actually pure coincidence. No if only I had that kind of numerical mastery over the weekend when the lottery was $330m.

Thanks.

Hi guys! I was in the Fly Navy car on Sunday and I hope I didn’t hold up the leaders, we’ve been dealing with a very sloooowwww throttle response exiting corners. We believe it is the AFM. In Saturday’s race I ran the Go Army 944, and comparing the data acq from Sat and then Sun it is obvious that I am losing exit speed in the BMW.

Since last time we raced at Summit, we replaced the trans and the engine but did not replace the AFM so we are going to dyno the car with the current AFM and with a replacement one and see if that does the trick.

Since we are not going to be a front running car anytime soon, perhaps the community can help me better understanding these cars. Do you guys find it that you need to keep the revs between 4-5K in order to get any power out of these cars exiting corners? Do you guys even brake much at Summit? I am guessing T5, T1, T3 right?

What else could be wrong with the car? It feels like a giant wind brake out there and when you get off the gas, the revs drop down immediately to idle, it’s like the engine has a huge brake on it.

I think the Spec e30 series is really a lot of fun and I am glad to see it growing - there seemed like 20 cars at Summit. As a driver in the 944 Cup series, thanks for allowing me play with you guys, even if I started DFL:blush: .

Final Points Update:

no drop:
Cobetto 962
Davidson 941
Bennett 928
Hunt 918
R. Allen 916
J. Allen 905

1 drop:
Cobetto 962
Bennett 928
R. Allen 916
Davidson 874
J. Allen 874
Hunt 853

2 drops:
Cobetto 931
Bennett 862
R. Allen 849
J. Allen 815
Davidson 806
Hunt 784

(EDITED)

One more weekend left in the '09 championship. Cobetto is barely reachable after a win last weekend. He can win the championship just by finishing on the podium both days, and he can very likely win it with another DNF if skip finishes off the podium. I fell back with my 2nd lowest finish of the season in the wet, but skip is barely hanging onto second. Jonny and Mike are farther back but still in the mix.

The race for runner-up is going down to the wire!

Robert are you sure about your adjustment to Chris’ numbers?

Summit Saturday is out but Sunday should stay in. All Starters that are not Finishers get half the last place finshers points. I think Chris, Rick and Tom all get half the last place finishers points regardless of why they didn’t finish.

Was a Drop Rule declared for this class at the beginning of the year? if not it can not be declared now.
Just a thought …

Oops you’re right. He gets 31 for hyperfest sunday. So he’s 962 for “no drop” and “1 drop”, but his “2 drop” numbers are the same. Thanks.

There’s a double drop rule for all classes I think. That’s the way SE30 MA has done it the past few years.