SpecE30 and Megasquirt

9.3.1.3.4. The stock fuel pressure regulator must be used.[/quote]

They haven’t been legal for this or last season. I definitely ran one in 2008.

Also I think they tried the swap ecu thing and one of the cars with the swapped ecu stopped working. This was at VIR from what I can remember but I don’t think the random ecu thing has been tried since then.

The problem with the DME swap idea is that DME’s aren’t necessarily exactly alike. All analog components have tolerances and it’s usually +/-5%. With some dyno time and a bag of DMEs you will easily find +/-2hp by DME swapping. That is to say a 4hp delta between favorite and least favorite DME.

I’m not saying that one DME is better than another, I’m saying that one DME liked the rest of your environment better. It is entirely possible and pretty darn likely that the DME that works best on your car would not be the one that worked best on my car.

That being the case, it’d be a big nogo to take someone’s favorite DME and hand him some mystery DME in it’s place.

There are only so many M20B25 motors left in the world. 8 have already paid the ultimate price. How many more need suffer due to this new disease: Rangering. :laugh:[/quote]

So much win in this post… how did I not see it until now!

I suggest you find a way to build a megasquirt or other device that could be plugged in in line with the factory ecu and log data while still using the factory ecu. Having everyone buy a pnp and then restricting the tune and not using the features that it has to improve performance is like making everyone buy coilovers and then mandating that they be set to factory ride height. I know that my performance problems are caused by a worn out motor so I’d like to save the money for pistons.

I love the name “megasquirt”…knew someone in college with that nickname.

Steve, you and I were talking SCCA rules…you changed rule books on me without a signal. Please let us know your intentions next time:P :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

You going to RA this weekend? Chuck

[quote=“cwbaader” post=58322]Steve, you and I were talking SCCA rules…you changed rule books on me without a signal. Please let us know your intentions next time:P :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

You going to RA this weekend? Chuck[/quote]I didn’t realize we were talking SCCA rules. I mentioned some Spec Miata rules that apply to both NASA and SCCA as a way of illustrating their solution for ECU cheats.

AFPRs were legalized this year for Spec Miata (NASA & SCCA). I think you may have been referring to the SCCA rules for IT classes when you said they had been legal for 7-8 years?

I won’t be driving at Road Atlanta this weekend. Kicking Evan’s ass has become a full time job on the NASA side of things, leaving precious little SCCA time.