Roll Call for Buttonwillow Oct. 8-9th

[quote=“vegasvogel” post=59546]Step
I didn’t see your e-mail. Are you going to run your new car in the enduro??[/quote]

I have not forgot about you mike, just trying to figure out if my buddy is serious about running this with me or not. I mentioned it a while ago and he did not say much until recently.

I am planning to make the Enduro. Hopefully some of you guys will be doing it as well. Our cars are not competitive vs. the others in our class but it is fun to run for 3 hours vs. our buddies in Spec E30. We can kinda have our own little race for bragging rights.

I will run high beams and I bought a LED Light bar from weekendracer.com. John is making a very significant discount for us in time for this event. Check his sight and give him a call. My first time dealing with him and he was easy to get along with. I think he races in a miata. He says he will be at BW on the 8-9 so if there are any issues with the lights he will be there to help. But he has assured me installation is easy.

Any other ideas you guys have of what we should do to our cars? This is the first enduro I have used my car. I ran in Steves last year in an enduro at THill and I have run in the 25 hr, but never where I had to do the set up. Any tips or thoughts are appreciated.

See you there. Looks like we will have 13 or 14 for the spec race. Joe P from SLO is planning to come as well.

Also the week after the SoCal race on the 8-9, the New NASA NorNevada will run a oneday at Reno-Fernley. I am planning to bring my daughter to that as well and start training her to race in Spec E30.

[quote=“theShoe” post=60006]I am planning to make the Enduro. Hopefully some of you guys will be doing it as well. Our cars are not competitive vs. the others in our class but it is fun to run for 3 hours vs. our buddies in Spec E30. We can kinda have our own little race for bragging rights.

I will run high beams and I bought a LED Light bar from weekendracer.com. John is making a very significant discount for us in time for this event. Check his sight and give him a call. My first time dealing with him and he was easy to get along with. I think he races in a miata. He says he will be at BW on the 8-9 so if there are any issues with the lights he will be there to help. But he has assured me installation is easy.

Any other ideas you guys have of what we should do to our cars? This is the first enduro I have used my car. I ran in Steves last year in an enduro at THill and I have run in the 25 hr, but never where I had to do the set up. Any tips or thoughts are appreciated.

See you there. Looks like we will have 13 or 14 for the spec race. Joe P from SLO is planning to come as well.

Also the week after the SoCal race on the 8-9, the New NASA NorNevada will run a oneday at Reno-Fernley. I am planning to bring my daughter to that as well and start training her to race in Spec E30.[/quote]

Great Kevin…glad to see you will be running in it! That will mean there are going to be a few of us running the 3 hour race. I suggest that we do the same thing we did last time and put our pit stalls all right next to each other. We can share crew memebers, etc. This will make it much easier to man the pits, share duties, etc.

Kevin is right, John Mueller @ www.weekend-racer.com is cutting a great deal on lights. I just bought a light bar for the front of The Great Pumpkin from John, too. John is just what we are, a weekend racer; hence the site name. And yes Kevin, he will be up there for the races and he will be in the Spec E30 pits! John and I crewed together on the RJR Racing 25 hour team and I was his crew chief last year in the 25 hour race. He is just a regular guy who loves racing. He will be there to help support my race weekend and to help out in the pits for the enduro. The biggest need will be for refuelers with gear and boddies for the odd job parts. We will only need to make one stop, so if we time it right, we can be in the pits at different times.

The set up is identical to your sprint set up. Lighting is the only difference, but the light bar will work well for that. However, I would make sure your regular lights are operational as a back up.

Would love to play with you guys at BRP. Just need to rent a car.
Someone send me in the right direction or contact me directly.
All ready there for the enduro but want to play during the day too!!

Troy
troy@lynaminc.com
909-376-6450

Troy,

From what I have been told, Midnight Oil Motors has the #56 open for rental and you could have them bring it to BW and run the springs with us.

Call seth at 858-271-9944 and tell him Foosh sent you.

Scrambling to get ready. My car goes on the frame rack tomorrow. while installing the lighting and necessary wiring. we discovered some additional damage from an early year off. It needs to be fixed before I race the car again.

All other work is complete. We mounted the light bar on a second hood so we can swap out the whole set up and keep the light bar protected from any brake check incidents! I think it should work pretty good. Really hope to get to use it in the enduro.

[attachment=1616]photo21.JPG[/attachment]

But if the damage is worse than I think…well then I might just drive something else…

BTW the light bar draws very little power. We checked the alternator and with Brights on and the light bar on and the car at idle, we were putting 14.1 to the battery. No dim or flickering lights at idle.

I think Midnight Oil has a car they can bring up if you need one. I would let them know ASAP.

Well boys, not looking good, Thursday night and the car is still not on the Frame rack. If it gets on in the morning, I may still make it. Otherwise I may be there on Saturday as a spectator. Drive safe boys.

Thanks to all the competitors for an enjoyable Saturday. Wish I had my car there but thanks to Joe Powers for letting me use his car on Saturday.

Look forward to seeing you all next month.

Lets see some pictures and Video!

Thanks to Torco Oils, Midnight Oil and John at WeekendRacer.com!

Congrats to Steve “Iron Man” Ferrario for two wins!