Odd radiator and routing question

I just did the timing belt and planned on doing the water pump, but I must have ordered the wrong pump. It has a T on the outlet facing the passenger side. The one on the car (89) is a single tube coming out. Also the cam seal and o ring are the wrong size (too big). Did I order the wrong parts or has there been some engine swapping shenanigans that I’m unaware of?

Regardless, I have an extra unused water pump with the T in it and the cam seal/o ring if anyone is interested in buying it.

What was the conclusion of all of the radiator re-routing and plugging? Was there a solution that helped remove some of the plumbing?

Just curious. I need to get new hoses and I don’t want to buy them if I don’t need them.

Jason

Ha. You ordered the pump that I needed, and I ordered the pump that you needed. You have a pump for an older car like mine. On older cars, that T allows suction from the recovery tank.

Send the one you have to Scott McKay, 2055 Wood Street, Suite 120, Sarasota, FL 34237, and I’ll send the one I have to you, give me an address, and I’ll have a spare.

I had devised an ingenious way to route around the thermostat and have everything run well, but it seems the SE30 rules do not allow for that, and I really don’t feel like being challenged at Nationals or anywhere else I would run the car, so I will just put it back to bone stock.

-Scott

Thanks Scott. I don’t have a gasket, I needed it to put the old pump back on. So if your pump has one, just keep the gasket. My address is 1212 Francis Ave, Halethorpe, MD 21227. I guess I’ll replace my hoses. The front of the motor looks like a friggin octopus, it’s ridiculous.

Jason

The hose system on these cars is the most ridiculous I have seen. I used the only gasket I had, so, as you suggested, just use yours. I will try to get it out tomorrow. I wish we could do cooling system modifications. I had a great way to eliminate half the hoses and have the thing still cool properly.

Your pump is coming via FEDEX ground and is shipping out today. Ignore the box it comes in, that is the water pump that is on my car now. What is coming is the pump that you should need. Note that it was bolted up to the engine (old gasket attached), but also look in the hose ends and you will see that water was never pumped with it. The guy bolted it up 2 years ago when he was doing the coolant system swap and never started the engine.

That is fine. I hooked mine up too and realized it was the wrong pump pretty quick.

Thanks again,
Jason

Sent it out today Scott. Thanks.

I got the pump yesterday. Did you get yours?

-Scott

Yes I got it. Thanks.

Please tell me its the right one…