Cleaned Injectors and Changed Plugs and have issue

My plug wires are OEM and less than a year old. I’d hate to replace the darn things, they are expensive.[/quote]You need MegaSquirt.:P[/quote]

Any knucklehead can troubleshoot a problem that is easily reproduced. This whole MS business has become sensitive enough that maybe it’s not the best target for jabs.

[quote=“MarkMc26” post=57937]Maybe it’s time to start using Marren instead of RCE. I chased my ass around that E30 while it was strapped to the dyno (dyno time costs the same, whether the car is running properly or not), second-guessing every part in the fuel and ignition system that I previously touched, only to find out that an injector that was freshly rebuilt by the almighty RCE was stuck closed despite the fact that the flow sheet reported that it flowed properly. “Oh, it couldn’t be the injectors, since they were just rebuilt by RCE.” Riiight. At least all of my work was right on the money. Next time this happens, I’ll check the RCE-rebuilt injectors FIRST (rather than last), as it will save me a ton of time and profanity.

I’d like to get this car back on the same dyno sometime, as I’m curious to see if it changed the 15:1 air/fuel ratio (which caused all of the alarm to have the injectors rebuilt) or if 15:1 is just as good as it gets with this 25 year old vane meter EFI setup.

Mark[/quote]

Car ran hot at an event. Then my car ran at a flat 15:1 A/F ratio on the dyno. I replaced the AFM with a new part and all was well. Give that a try.