Air/Fuel ratio help

turbo329is wrote:

Yes. I bought a brand new one.

Ranger wrote:

[quote]The kill switch has to kill all power. Otherwise the car won’t shut down. There’s some old threads here re. kill switches that deal with this. Every time you use your kill switch you set your DME back to factory default.

I have a book on Motronic ignition systems. I’ve studied the(inadequate) chapter that deals with our system at length. What follows is from the book. Whether or not it’s true, I can’t vouch for.

Adaptation impacts the WOT map too, as does coolant (more) and intake temp (less).

Most adaptation takes place in 10min.

Adaptation is pretty limited by the fact that our O2 sensor is narrow band (on/off) vs. wide band (lots of info). IMO the O2 sensor can detect only “ok” and “too lean”. That’s not a helova lot of info.[/quote]

Is it best practice to let the car warm up for 10 minutes before going hog wild?

Ranger wrote:

Thank you very much. That was the problem. The a/f looks normal now. Thanks!

Can u post the full dyno plot with the air fuel chart? I gotta go test my tps now.

King Tut wrote:

When I get it, I’ll post it here. Probably Monday/Tuesday.

Rob in VA wrote:

[quote]Ranger wrote:

Thank you very much. That was the problem. The a/f looks normal now. Thanks![/quote]

Score.

I was hoping for a chart with the hp/tq and air fuel, but if you don’t want to share your numbers I understand. Did the hp curve have a corresponding dip at 5000 RPM?