Brought to you by Garagistic.com - specializing in E30 drivetrain and suspension performance
Welcome, Guest

Recommendation for replacement cool shirt pump
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Recommendation for replacement cool shirt pump

Re: Recommendation for replacement cool shirt pump 4 years, 5 months ago #71888

• turbo329is
  • ( User )
The dimmer switch I used was from a newer BMW. Not sure which one because It came out of my brothers toolbox. It has at least a few rheostats in it so you can maybe run it through them parallel.

I'm not sure why you wanted to double the pump size from the factory unless your adding cool pants or passenger cooling. I did have the idea to make a beer cooler that multiple people can plug into in the paddock.

I use the donjoy cooler wired directly to 12v. I think the temp control on it bypasses the water back to the cooler, but I haven't taken it apart. I'd be disappointed if it was just pinching the line.
2014 NASA Midwest SE30 Champion

Prepped for the next independance day.

Re: Recommendation for replacement cool shirt pump 4 years, 5 months ago #71948

• RRhodes
  • ( User )
As promised. I haven't had time to breadboard and test this yet so feel free to contact me if you do and run into trouble. If several people are interested maybe we can work something out. Be aware that the output FET (Q1) is only sized for up to a 3A load. Depending on the load it is connected to you may also want to heatsink it.

555PWMCtrl.jpg
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Last Edit: 4 years, 5 months ago by RRhodes. Reason: Add load limit warning

Re: Recommendation for replacement cool shirt pump 1 year ago #82912

• HiFiGuy
  • ( User )
Update (nice work on the schematic, BTW) but you can buy a 20A PWM controller cheap on eBay. I got three of them for my in-progress cooling project, and they handle more than 6x the current of the 3A motor (600 GPH) I am using for my shirt, so plenty of headroom. Not that it wouldn't be fun to build , but you can get them for $10-12 each.
Last Edit: 1 year ago by HiFiGuy.
  • Page:
Brought to you by Garagistic.com - specializing in E30 drivetrain and suspension performance
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds